Performance Analyst - Tāmaki Makaurau at NZ Police, Auckland - Auckland;Auckland - Auckland and Hamilton;Auckland - Auckland Central;Auckland - Helensville;Auckland - Manukau;Auckland - Manurewa;Auckland - Otara;Auckland - Papakura;Auckland - Pukekohe;Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
New Zealand Police is working with the community to make New Zealanders be safe and feel safe. With over 13,000 staff, we provide policing services 24 hours a day, every day. We operate by land, sea and air, manage over 860,000 emergency calls a year and are always actively preventing crime and crashes.
We’re working towards specific goals and targets that highlight our intent to work collaboratively with iwi and communities, other government sectors and business partners to deliver ‘Our Business’ and achieve long-term change.
Performance Analyst, it starts with you!
- Based at Tamaki Makaurau Deployment Centre
- Permanent/Full Time
- Band F
- Salary up to $84,993
- Police employee
- JR 4435806
About the role
New Zealand Police is the lead agency responsible for reducing crime and enhancing community safety. We work in partnership with individuals, communities, businesses, and other public sector agencies to achieve our purpose - Be Safe, Feel Safe.
Tāmaki Makaurau is the geographic area served by three Police Districts and two other resource groups. This position supports the service that is delivered by these resources.
The role of Performance is to provide information and analytics, supporting decision making at the strategic, management, operational and tactical levels, to achieve better outcomes for the community.
The position is part of a small team that is involved in whole-of-business measurement, monitoring, evaluation, and analysis. Frequent project support can also be expected, and the position involves a lot of variety and creativity in designing solutions for complex information needs. The Performance Group is based in Otahuhu and the position reports to the Senior Performance Advisor. Some flexibility in the start time of the working day is likely to be possible.
- Demonstrate strong skills in critical thinking including problem solving, data and information analysis, and the ability to interpret a wide range of types of information
- Demonstrate experience in producing reports that are clear, relevant, and insightful.
- Demonstrate the ability to create innovative ideas and solutions in relation to information needs
- Demonstrate strong skills using Microsoft Excel (and ideally Power Query & Power Pivot too, and/or Power BI), and experience with SAP Business Objects would also be an advantage
- Demonstrate strong communication skills and the ability to confidently deliver effective presentations
- Being comfortable engaging with all levels of the organisation, making complex information easy to understand, and having the ability to build strong relationships
What you’ll bring
Being part of the Police whānau is about being our best to ensure our communities are safe and feel safe. Our Core Competencies provide a shared understanding of the behaviours, leadership and technical competence required for success at each level of Police. Whilst we are looking for skills, knowledge and experience relevant to the role, we also place high importance on your state of mind, the alignment of your values with ours, your ability to contribute to and build high performing teams, and the way that you lead yourself or others. [copy this paragraph as is]
Core Competencies – Individual Contributor
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Short-listed applicants will be provided a data set prior to interview, requiring basic analysis, and to construct a brief PowerPoint presentation summarising their analytical findings – to be presented at interview.
- An analytical assessment will be required of short-listed applicants, following the interview, to assess Excel proficiency and problem-solving ability.
- Minimum of two years' experience as an Analyst
- Strong skills and experience in Microsoft Excel is required (and preferably including Power Query & Power Pivot, and/or Power BI), and experience with SAP Business Objects is desirable
- Drivers Licence (Full - Car)
- The successful applicant must reside within Tāmaki Makaurau
If you are an internal applicant, you must apply internally through the police system. You must provide an alternative contact email address.
This role is set at Individual Contributor level, this means your key purpose is “to deliver or enable others to deliver Our Business”.
We will ask you questions based on “How we will deliver Our Business – Core Competencies” and the appropriate role level, i.e. Individual Contributor. For more information on Our Core Competencies, please copy and paste this URL: https://www.police.govt.nz/sites/default/files/publications/core-competencies-how-we-will-deliver-our-business.pdf
These questions will be unique and specific to the role, focusing on the aspects the hiring manager believes are most important for that position at the time. For more information on Our Values, please copy and paste this URL: https://www.police.govt.nz/sites/default/files/publications/nzp-our-values.pdf
To view the position description for this role please copy and paste this link into a new browser:
Our mission is to prevent crime and harm through exceptional policing. Our vision is to be the safest country. Our purpose is to ensure everybody can be safe and feel safe.
Your wellbeing inside and outside of work is important to us. We’re open to discussing flexible working options that work for both you and the business.
For more information on the above, please copy and paste this URL: https://www.police.govt.nz/careers
How to apply
Please note: Applications submitted directly through the Government Jobs Website are no longer considered. Please visit our Police Careers page: https://career10.successfactors.com/career?company=nzpolice to apply for this position.
If this position sounds like you, click apply now. You will be required to submit an application form and a CV. Before confirmation of hire, pre-employment checks will be undertaken.
For further information on the application process, please copy and paste this URL: https://www.police.govt.nz/careers
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact email@example.com
Applications closes Sunday 4th December 2022.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Location:||Auckland - Auckland;Auckland - Auckland and Hamilton;Auckland - Auckland Central;Auckland - Helensville;Auckland - Manukau;Auckland - Manurewa;Auckland - Otara;Auckland - Papakura;Auckland - Pukekohe;Auckland|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Policy & analysis|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.