Team Leader, Otago/Southland | Manukura at Te Puni Kōkiri - Ministry of Māori Development, Otago
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Manukura | Team Leader, Otago/Southland
Te Puni Kōkiri | Ministry of Māori Development
Te Whiwhinga Mahi | The opportunity
Based in either our Dunedin or Invercargill tari and as one of two Team Leaders in Te Waipounamu, the Team Leader, Otago/Southland provides people leadership to teams responsible for assisting whānau, hapū, iwi, Māori organisations and Māori communities to develop and implement initiatives that will enable them to achieve long-term economic and social development.
You will do this by:
- Brokering engagement and co-design of solutions between government agencies, non-government organisations and iwi, hapū and whānau
- Gathering community level intelligence on needs, issues and opportunities
- Administering regionally applied funds.
Supporting the Regional Director to:
- Develop region specific strategies to improve Māori wellbeing and support development in line with whānau aspirations
- Manage stakeholder relationships including being present at key hui, with the delegated authority to make decisions.
Staff management and building capability by:
- Supporting kaimahi through providing day to day advice, support and guidance.
- Leading, monitoring and supporting team performance, building and developing capability and wellbeing.
Ko wai koe | About you
Reporting to the Regional Director, you will use be a conduit between communities and government agencies to help provide better outcome for Māori.
To be successful you will have:
- A strong understanding of the government and public sector processes.
- Excellent communication skills and strong critical reasoning.
- Ability to identify, build and actively manage relationships, valuing diverse perspectives and experiences.
- Capable at identifying risks.
- Demonstrated capability in providing high quality advice and recommendations.
- Numeracy and competency with spreadsheets and databases.
- Comfort in working in a tikanga / kaupapa Māori environment, a degree of fluency in Te reo Māori is of benefit.
- A clean full motor vehicle driver's licence.
- A relevant tertiary qualification.
Working at Te Puni Kōkiri
Te Puni Kōkiri (Ministry of Māori Development) is a government agency that works within government and communities to achieve our vision of Thriving Whānau.
The wellbeing of whānau, hapū and iwi is central to the future wellbeing of Aotearoa. The very broad role of Te Puni Kōkiri, our access to information and ability to make connections, make us ideally placed to spark innovation.
We influence the work of others by bringing Māori voices to decision makers and we invest in innovative initiatives that build the capacity and readiness of whānau and Māori communities.
To achieve this, we engage with whānau, hapū and iwi, and partner with other public sector agencies.
Ka whiwhi koe i te aha | What you will get in return
A diverse and rewarding working environment full of passionate people focussed on discovering solutions that will assist in serving our communities. We are guided by our values of excellence, valuing people and relationships, working collectively and being creative and innovative.
We invest in our people, and you will be encouraged to develop and contribute to your fullest potential. We believe strongly in work/life balance and understand that your whānau is just as important as you. We are committed to your wellbeing and learning and development.
If this opportunity appeals to you, apply now!
We are actively reviewing talent and an appointment will be made once a suitable candidate is identified. We encourage you to make your application today or get in touch to discuss more about how this great opportunity will fit with your career goals.
Applications close Friday 9 December 2022 at 11:55pm
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Puni Kōkiri - Ministry of Māori Development|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||2022 03 04 Manukura Team Leader - Job Description.docx|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.