Community Mental Health Nurse - North Community Under Care at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitaha Canterbury, Christchurch
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Permanent ' 1.0 FTE position available for a Registered Community Mental Health Nurses;
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a cohesive Multi-Disciplinary Team;
- Registered with the Nursing Council of New Zealand with a current APC and must have a mental health scope practice.
Mō te tūnga | About the role
We offer treatment and support services to a wide range of consumers including Tangata Whaiora. Currently struggling with severe and enduring mental health conditions, who have experienced difficulty in maintaining their wellness with previous community mental health services.
Ko wai koe | About You
- As a professional and highly motivated nurse who displays a positive attitude and enthusiasm for this area of work, you will enjoy being part of a committed and diverse multidisciplinary team, you will work in collaboration with a group of professionals that recognises the importance of providing quality care and services to their clients, supports and whanau.
- Working within a multi-disciplinary team, and in collaboration with our clients and their family/whanau, primary care, community supports and our inpatient teams, your ability to think on your feet, triage and prioritize your patients appropriately, in a timely manner, is essential.
- You will hold a caseload of Tangata Whaiora who you will assertively engage with and support to engage with their treatment and other holistic supports. Highly developed risk assessment is important as is your ability to collaborate with the MDT, developing treatment plans, liaising with whanau and other carers, NGOs, police, probation and other services.
- Must Hold a Full Driver's Licence and have a Mental Health Nursing Scope of Practice
- This is a Monday - Friday permanent position.
Mō te tūnga | About the role
From July this year the Canterbury DHB transitioned across to Te Whatu Ora - Health NZ. This is a great opportunity to make a difference at a time of significant change in the healthcare sector.
Waitaha Canterbury is considered a world leader in its people centred approach to health care. We have a unique one health system approach focused on providing "the right care and support, to the right person, at the right time and in the right place." We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 New Zealanders that live in the Canterbury region.
We are proud of how we do things. We have a way of working that we consider unique. It's about trying new things, listening to ideas from wherever they come from and working together as one.
We are passionate about attracting, recruiting and retaining talented people ' become part of our team.
Tono ināianei ' Apply Now
Applications are only accepted online so please visit our website at www.cdhbcareers.co.nz complete an application.
Enquiries: Should you have any questions on this role, please contact the hiring manager. Clinical Manager, Jenny Hercus 027 257 9530 ' within office hours.
Shannon Le Roux ' Recruitment Specialist ' Shannon.LeRoux@cdhb.health.nz
The role that you are applying for is one that may only be performed by a person who has been vaccinated against Covid-19. It is therefore a condition of this application that you are vaccinated against Covid-19. This vaccination requirement includes gaining Booster Doses required to perform your role under the Health Order. As a person working in the health and disability sector you will meet many people, some of whom may be vulnerable. Without a vaccine, there is the risk that you may contract Covid-19. The requirement to be vaccinated is to keep you safe and also to endeavour to protect others against the potential transmission of Covid-19 as a result of you contracting it in the course of your employment.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitaha Canterbury|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.