Principal Advisor - Commercial and Institutional Performance: Services at The Treasury, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Rare opportunity to provide advice on the Crown's commercial portfolio and help us to strive for intergenerational wellbeing
- Join our passionate and talented team making a real difference in Aotearoa
- Bring your financial or regulatory expertise, intellectual flexibility & curiosity to a central agency
- Be well-supported in your professional development and career aspirations
- We offer competitive remuneration, 5 weeks annual leave and flexible working
Mō mātou | About Us
Here at Te Tai Ōhanga - The Treasury, we are committed to Tiakitanga (our role of stewardship) to make Aotearoa a better place for people today and in the future. We safeguard New Zealand's public finances and are the Government's trusted economic advisor. Our vision is to lift living standards for all New Zealanders.
Our three Commercial and Institutional Performance teams, alongside our Governance and Appointments team, provide advice to Ministers on the Crown's ownership interest in approximately 50 Crown companies and entities in the Infrastructure, Services and Investment sectors, including some of the largest companies and financial institutions in New Zealand. Our aim is to ensure that these entities are overseen to optimise performance, manage risk and enhance value to support future intergenerational wellbeing.
We are at the interface of the commercial world and central government, and we look for talented people from a range of professional backgrounds to support us in our work.
Kōrero mō te tūranga | About the Role
We have a rare opportunity for an ambitious Principal Advisor to work with the us on the following:
- Developing and leading on the frameworks and institutional insights required to undertake the Treasury's new role as performance monitor for a range of organisations with purely commercial or a mix of commercial and policy objectives
- Engaging to a high degree with internal and external stakeholders and working together to provide financial and strategic analysis and timely high quality usable advice to the Minister of Finance and other Ministers
- Providing expert technical advice across all aspects of the team's work together with thought leadership for the team and wider organisation.
Ō pūmanawa | About You
We are seeking a well-rounded candidate with real world experience of working with commercial and/or financial organisations or advisory groups in the public or private sector. You will also bring:
- Excellent communication skills; able to explain complex problems in a relatable manner
- An ability to collaborate and coordinate with colleagues across a diverse organisation
- The ability to influence and work with a range of stakeholders
- Experience in mentoring or leading work programmes
- Effective interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Strong capabilities assessing business, economic and/or policy environments, objective setting and strategies for their implementation
- Sound qualitative, quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills that you can bring to bear on complex issues and/or amid changing environments and involving both short term and long-term considerations
Ko ngā hua | What we Offer
We pride ourselves on the quality of our staff and understand the importance of fostering a work environment where excellence is recognised and where staff are encouraged to develop their own talents and potential. To this end, we offer:
- A lively and supportive team environment with interesting and stimulating issues to address, working on projects that will have an impact of the lives of New Zealanders
- A collaborative work environment where you will interact with a range of people, within the group, in the wider Treasury and with a large range of external stakeholders, and
- A commitment to providing work and training opportunities that support your development and career aspirations.
The Treasury values diversity amongst its employees and encourages a positive work/non-work balance with flexible work arrangements, so please talk to us about what flexible working means for you.
Tono mai ināianei | Apply Now
Please see the Job Description for further detail or for more information and a kōrero please contact David Stanley, Acting Manager, Commercial and Institutional Performance at David.Stanley@treasury.govt.nz
Rā kati | Applications close: Sunday 4 December 2022. All applications must be made online. We will be reviewing applications as they are received and may progress with suitable applicants prior to the application closing date.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Policy & analysis|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||JD Principal Advisor - November 2022 Commercial and Institutional Performance.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.