Administrative Assistant at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitaha Canterbury, Christchurch
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mō te tūnga | About the role
We are looking for an experienced Administrative Assistant to join our team at the Professional Development Unit (PDU). Reporting to the PDU Nurse Manager your role will be to provide efficient coordination and administration support to the PDU team. The Professional Development Unit provides a range of educational opportunities aimed towards the Nursing, Midwifery, and Hospital Aide workforce at Te Whatu Ora Waitaha Canterbury.
Your warm, friendly approach and excellent interpersonal skills will shine through, as will your organisational skills and ability to be discreet with the information you work with. You will interact with a range of people so your ability to be sensitive to diversity and cultural needs will be highly valued in this environment.
Our ideal applicant will be a technologically savvy person who has confidence on the computer, ideally with an advanced knowledge of Word, Excel, and Teams. We are looking for an all-round team player who can work autonomously and able to take initiative. In this role, you will be required to manage multiple priorities and distractions.
This position is 36 hours per week (0.9 FTE) Monday to Friday.
- Provide administrative and secretarial support to all staff within the PDU as required
- General administrative and secretarial tasks, including compiling reports, writing agendas/minutes, entering information onto the learning management system, answering telephones
- Record information accurately and maintain the integrity of the database
- Promote the PDU in a positive and accurate manner to the public, consumers and other staff members
- Observe all Te Whatu Ora [Health NZ] safe work procedures and instructions
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
This role requires the following:
- Previous experience working as an administrative assistant
- Excellent customer service skills, communicating with a wide range of people, both internal and external to the organisation.
- High level of written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate to advanced user in Microsoft Office Applications (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams).
- Technically savvy ' quick at pickup up new applications/systems
- Excellent organisational, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Initiative and ability to make recommendations for improved office systems
- Proven ability to work in a team and individually
- Demonstrate a commitment to developing an understanding of the Treaty of Waitangi, Maori and other cultural issues as related to the PDU.
- Demonstrate a professional attitude including self and team care
- Experience in the field of health, or education
- Experience with the learning management system
- Experience in a team environment
- Certificate in Business Administration
Mō mātou | About Us
Te Whatu Ora, Health New Zealand, leads the day-to-day running of our health system across New Zealand, with functions delivered at local, district, regional and national levels. It weaves the functions of the 20 former District Health Boards into its regional divisions and district offices, ensuring continuity of services in the health system.
Here in Waitaha, Canterbury we deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury region.
'Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi - Putting people at the heart of all we do'
We are committed to honouring Te Tiriti o Waitangi and its principles by ensuring our partnership with Māori are at the forefront of all our conversations. We believe in improving, promoting, and protecting the health and well-being of the Canterbury and the West Coast community.
The culture at Te Whatu Ora - Waitaha, is driven by our ā Mātou Uara (Our Value''''s):
- Care and respect for others - Manaaki me te whakaute i te tangata.
- Integrity in all we do - Hāpai i ā mātou mahi katoa i runga i te pono.
- Responsibility for outcomes - Te Takohanga i ngā hua
Ngā hua | Benefits of working at Te Whatu Ora [Health NZ] - Waitaha Canterbury
When you work at Te Whatu Ora - Waitaha, you are part of a wider whānau that will support you along your journey. We offer great coaching, mentoring and learning outcomes for all staff. We are always improving our facilities across all campuses and have amazing discounts from select retailers, restaurants and businesses. At Te Whatu Ora - Waitaha, you are part of something greater than yourself and encouraged to be your unique self.
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
We have a range of clinical and non-clinical roles at Te Whatu Ora - Waitaha, there could be a place for you! Please visit our careers website for other roles and find your ideal fit within Te Whatu Ora ' Waitaha [Health NZ]
Applications will be processed as they are received, so please apply as soon as you can.
The Future of the Health Industry
The role that you are applying for is one that may only be performed by a person who has been vaccinated against Covid-19. It is therefore a condition of this application that you are vaccinated against Covid-19. This vaccination requirement includes gaining Booster Doses required to perform your role under the Health Order. As a person working in the health and disability sector you will come into contact with a large number of people, some of whom may be vulnerable. Without a vaccine, there is the risk that you may contract Covid-19. The requirement to be vaccinated is to keep you safe and also to endeavour to protect others against the potential transmission of Covid-19 as a result of you contracting it in the course of your employment.
Nau mai, haere mai, tauti mai!
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitaha Canterbury|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.