Lead Advisor - Procurement Performance at New Zealand Transport Agency, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Be part of building a future focused transport system for all New Zealanders
- Join a forward-thinking procurement team at the forefront of new approaches to advance infrastructure and non-infrastructure procurement and delivery
- Play a key role in completing the learning cycle from current procurement processes and project delivery to future procurement strategy and approaches
- Flexible location, Auckland or Wellington preferred
About us | Ko wai mātou
At Waka Kotahi, the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depend on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years' time.
The Waka Kotahi Enterprise Procurement team is the procurement Centre of Excellence in Waka Kotahi that provides expert guidance, processes and systems to ensure Waka Kotahi applies best practice and gets value for money from its procurement activities. We aspire to be the modern centre of excellence.
The opportunity | Te Whiwhinga mahi
The purpose of the Lead Advisor - Procurement Performance is to support ongoing strategic development and improvement of infrastructure and non-infrastructure procurement in Waka Kotahi and the transport sector by monitoring and reporting performance, capturing lessons learnt from procurement activities and outcomes, and feeding into continuous improvement through changes and improvements of our procurement approaches.
The role is the steward of Waka Kotahi procurement performance monitoring, completing the learning cycle from current procurement processes and project delivery to future procurement strategy and approaches, including feeding in perspectives from suppliers.
About you | Ko koe tēnei
As well as your leadership attributes, you will need to bring:
- Strong collaboration, influencing and relationship building skills
- Strong verbal and high-quality written communication skills
- Ability to see the big picture, learn quickly and make connections
- High level strategic, analytical and conceptual thinking
- Knowledge and experience of organisational efficiency and change
- Experience in continuous process improvement
- 5+ years procurement management experience working in a commercially complex environment
To view a copy of the position description click here.
Applications close | Rā Katinga
Sunday 4th December
For further information, email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Waka Kotahi is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Please note that we may begin shortlisting as we receive applications. We encourage early applications as we may withdraw the advertising at any time.
If you are a contractor/temp currently working with Waka Kotahi, you may apply for internal vacancies however please note that we will give consideration to permanent employees first.
Don't see the Refer button? This role is only able to be applied for by internal candidates so you are unable to refer external candidates for this role.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||New Zealand Transport Agency|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.