Executive Assistant at Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Discover a career with purpose at MBIE
- Join an inclusive and collaborative team
- Great training and development opportunities
- Wellington based, permanent role
- Salary $68,875 - $77,853 + Kiwisaver + Employee Wellness Benefit
The role of Executive Assistant is responsible for providing high level confidential executive support to Te Tumu Houkura (General Manager Māori) to enable them to efficiently use their time to achieve MBIE’s outcomes and deliverables.
The Executive Assistant contributes to the operations of Te Kupenga by focusing on supporting Te Tumu Houkura to achieve the operational and strategic activities of the branch.
Providing executive assistance to support to Te Tumu Houkura to meet their priorities and accountabilities including:
- Dealing with high level, urgent and confidential issues
- As required, provide secretarial support to groups chaired by Te Tumu Houkura
- Diary management and bring up system
- Monitoring and screening of telephone calls, emails and other communication
- Preparation of documentation
- Follow-up action points
- At least 2 years' experience supporting an Executive
- Skills with Microsoft Office, including Outlook, and the ability to quickly pick up a range of business systems
- Experience with diary management and travel organisation
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills
- A proactive working style and the initiative to get things done.
- Proven experience in balancing multiple and competing priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Must have legal right to live and work in NZ
- Ability to work in a culturally safe and respectful manner, always being mindful of the cultural diversity of the industry and having regard to Te Ao Māori and Treaty of Waitangi principles.
MBIE's goal is to create a resilient and high-performing economy that delivers real and ongoing quality of life for all New Zealanders.
We do this by working with others to create an environment that supports businesses to be more productive and internationally competitive, enables all New Zealanders to participate in the economy through improved job opportunities and by working to ensure quality housing is more affordable.
People are at the heart of our mahi, our way of working is guided by our values which shape our behaviours.
- Mahi Tahi – Better Together
- Māia – Bold and brave
- Pae Kahurangi – Build our Future
- Pono Me Te Tika – Own It
Our aspirations are echoed in our Māori identity – Hīkina Whakatutuki – which broadly means ‘lifting to make successful'.
MBIE recognises the partnership founded under Te Tiriti o Waitangi between Māori and the Crown and is committed to giving effect to Te Tiriti o Waitangi. We will do this through enduring, meaningful and effective partnerships with iwi, Māori, other Māori groups/organisations and the Crown, as this is critical to enable economic and social development, both for Māori and for wider Aotearoa New Zealand. We are committed to continuing to partner with iwi in order to find new sustainable solutions to address long standing systemic and cross-cutting issues facing Māori and wider Aotearoa New Zealand and we are also committed to identifying opportunities for iwi to lead and creating an enabling environment for iwi to leverage these opportunities.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.