Practice Leader at Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, West Coast
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Permanent opportunity
- Greymouth Site
- Competitive salary starting from $103,785 to $125,800
Are you an inspirational leader who is passionate about improving the outcomes for tamariki, rangatahi and whānau? We have an exciting opportunity available to lead practice in a permanent role at our Greymouth site.
Mō te tūnga | About the role
The Practice Leader role will be operating in a way that ensures all practice expectations and standards are maintained by Social Worker staff and include partnering colleagues where appropriate.
We are a site which is continually looking for innovative ways to shape our practice and provide opportunities for growth and learning. We are looking for a practice extraordinaire to champion social work practice across the site. You will coach, develop, mentor and supervise social work staff to help our tamariki, rangatahi and whānau.
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu | What you will bring
Key requirements of the role include:
- Full registration with New Zealand's Social Work Registration Board (SWRB)
- A social worker qualification recognised by the SWRB
- A full, clean, current driver's licence
- Expert experience in managing complex practice and casework
- The ability to work collaboratively with peers and stakeholders
- Sound knowledge of relevant legislation and experience of what Oranga Tamariki does and how we work
- Empathy, patience and ability to see past what someone may be struggling with
- Cultural awareness and confidence to back yourself
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to adapt to your audience
- Knowledge of Te Reo would be a plus
- Ability to work with the Site Manager to provide strategic vision, goals and guidance to the site
- Understanding and appreciation of cross-cultural practices in particular; knowledge of tikanga Māori, and Pacific peoples' culture
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
We offer a vibrant and supportive team, flexible work options and a genuine commitment to wellbeing. We offer significant training and professional development so that you can thrive and grow.
- A team who enjoy working hard and having fun
- Support to achieve your goals through tailored training and career development opportunities
- Reimbursement for your annual practicing fee
- Access to a generous Southern Cross health plan and banking package with Westpac
- Rewarding and challenging work that truly makes a difference to the community
- Opportunities to work alongside various cultural groups, build your network and strengthen community relationships
Mō mātou | About us
Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children has a commitment to putting tamariki and rangatahi at the heart of what we do.
We are committed to ensuring that New Zealand is the best place in the world to be a child. We are also committed to ensuring Oranga Tamariki partners with hapū, iwi and Māori organisations to find appropriate solutions for tamariki in need.
We are committed to putting tamariki first, we believe aroha is vital, we respect the mana of people, we are tika and pono, we value whakapapa and we recognise that oranga is a journey.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
If you are an internal applicant, please apply using your Oranga Tamariki email login. If you have any questions about role, please contact Info_recruit@ot.govt.nz
Hurry, as applications close 5th December 2022
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Practice Leader.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.