Medical Secretary - Respiratory Department at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitaha Canterbury, Christchurch
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Full time, permanent
- Transcription is a key part of this role
The Team: What we do
The Respiratory Department provides specialist care for a wide range of respiratory conditions such as Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), asthma, lung cancer, cystic fibrosis, sleep apnoea and many other conditions.
We provide specialist outpatient clinics, lung function and sleep tests, as well as inpatient care when needed. We are part of the Canterbury Clinical Network and work together with community providers to support people with respiratory illness.
As medical secretary you will be working within a fast-paced environment so, we are looking for someone who can hit the ground running, is flexible and adaptable to change.
The Role: Where you fit in
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Coordinating appointments with our clinician and patients
- Transcribing letters and Doctors' notes
- Ensuring all information is collated, patient records are complete and managed
- Various administration tasks
- Providing excellent customer service
- Manage clinic
Your skills will include:
- Excellent customer care skills
- Technically savvy ' quick at picking up new applications/systems
- Excellent organisational, time management and problem solving skills
- Ability to achieve accuracy and maintain attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines and work unsupervised
- Intermediate to advanced user in the Microsoft suite of products e.g. Word, Outlook, Excel
Mō mātou | About Us
'Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi - Putting people at the heart of all we do'
We are committed to honouring Te Tiriti o Waitangi and its principles by ensuring our partnership with Māori are at the forefront of all our conversations. We believe in improving, promoting, and protecting the health and well-being of the Canterbury and the West Coast community.
The culture at Te Whatu Ora [Health NZ] Waitaha Canterbury, is driven by our ā Mātou Uara (Our Value''''s):
- Care and respect for others - Manaaki me te whakaute i te tangata.
- Integrity in all we do - Hāpai i ā mātou mahi katoa i runga i te pono.
- Responsibility for outcomes - Te Takohanga i ngā hua
Ngā hua | Benefits of working at Te Whatu Ora [Health NZ]
When you work at the Te Whatu Ora [Health NZ], you are part of a wider whānau that will support you along your journey. We offer great coaching, mentoring and learning outcomes for all staff. We are always improving our facilities across all campuses and have amazing discounts from select retailers, restaurants and businesses. At Te Whatu Ora [Health NZ], you are part of something greater than yourself and encouraged to be your unique self
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
We have a range of clinical and non-clinical roles at Te Whatu Ora [Health NZ] Waitaha Canterbury, there could be a place for you!
Please visit our careers website for other roles and find your ideal fit within the Te Whatu Ora [Health NZ] Waitaha Canterbury
The Future of the Health Industry
It will be a condition of employment for this role that you are vaccinated against Covid-19. It is therefore a condition of this application that you are vaccinated against Covid-19. This vaccination requirement includes gaining Booster Dose. As a person working in the health and disability sector you will come into contact with a large number of people, some of whom may be vulnerable. Without a vaccine, there is the risk that you may contract Covid-19 or pass Covid-19 to other staff. This can place an increased burden on our healthcare system. The requirement to be vaccinated is to keep you safe and also to endeavour to protect others against the potential transmission of Covid-19 as a result of you contracting it in the course of your employment.
Nau mai, haere mai, tauti mai!
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitaha Canterbury|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.