Food Service Assistant at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waikato, Waikato
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Where you’ll be working: Waikato Hospital
The details: Full Time, Part Time position available and Fixed Term to March with possible extension to Permanent available.
Salary details: $22.75 to $27.18 and Time and 1 ½ Half on Weekends
Do you have exceptional customer service with a smile, then come join our great team working at Waikato Hospital where you will be serving patient meals and beverages.
Te whiwhinga mahi | Opportunities
• Regular dayshift hours in a stable and structured work place
• Good wages and yearly pay increases
• Higher hourly rate for working weekends and public holidays
• Career opportunities and NZQA qualifications
• Great employee benefits (discounts with many Hamilton businesses)
Mōu | About you
Required skills & experience you will need to be consider for this role:
• Exceptional customer service experience preferably in the hospitality sector as you will be working with patients in a healthcare environment
• Be able to show care and empathy towards our patients
• High standard of personal presentation as you will be the face of our service in the wards
• Extremely reliable and with a great attendance record
• The ability to work unsupervised and within a team
• The ability to work rostered shifts and duties, between 6.30am & 3.00pm (It may include weekends & public holidays. Your role/hours will be confirmed on offer).
You will be responsible for tasks like;
• Serving patient meals on the tray line
• Delivering meals to patients
• Making beverages for patients
• Collecting menus from patients
• Washing dishes using a commercial dishwasher
• General kitchen duties
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
Te iwi Ngakaunui – People at Heart
• Whakamana – Give and earn respect
• Whakaronga – Listen to me; Talk to me
• Mauri Pai – Fair play
• Whakapakari – Growing the good
• Kotahitanga – Stronger together
It is not very often something happens that is big; like, really big. Big to the point that it will touch the lives of every single person in the country. That is what we are talking about here. The provision of Health in Aotearoa New Zealand, and how its run is about to change in a big way.
Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand and Te Aka Whai Ora - Māori Health Authority will together shape the delivery of Health services in Aotearoa New Zealand for generations to come, and will form the core of a modern and integrated service looking after the needs of all our Whānau.
We are dedicated to achieving health equity for Māori and other priority populations. We are a Crown entity and an active partner in Te Tiriti o Waitangi. Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand is guided by Te Tiriti o Waitangi and is committed to upholding the articles.
Here at Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, Waikato we have a team of 8,000 working across the Waikato where everyone plays a vital role in the care of our patients – directly or non-directly. Our vision is Healthy People. Excellent Care.
We are a values-based and inclusive organisation that is committed to deliver the best health outcomes for our total population. Reflecting the population we serve is an important part of the care we deliver to the community. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds with the necessary capability and who share our values to apply. We proactively develop pathways that maximise opportunity for Māori and encourage Māori to apply.
If you have read the position description, and can confidently say that you meet the criteria outlined, we would welcome your application.
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency and be able to communicate effectively in both spoken and written English.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
Please apply directly online, applications are not able to be accepted via email. For any queries about the role please contact me via phone 027 362 6376 or email Komalpreet.Kaur@waikatodhb.health.nz
Closing date: 5 December 2022
A national Vaccination Policy which includes COVID19 is under development. In the interim, a Health and Safety Risk Assessment against the requirements of the role will apply to unvaccinated candidates and employees and appropriate risk mitigation (e.g. extra PPE, RAT testing) may be taken as a result. Please note that when a Vaccination Policy is introduced it will apply to this role and need to be supported.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waikato|
|Position type:||Contract/Temp Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.