Midwifery Support Worker at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley, Wellington Hospital
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Nau mai, haere mai ki Te Whatu Ora - Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley District
Location: Wellington Regional Hospital
Service: Womens Health Service
Salary: As per MERAS MECA- Maternity Care Assistant, Step 1
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
We're looking for dynamic and enthusiastic Midwifery students to join our relief pool, the Bureau. Student midwives will be able to work on a casual basis in the role of Health Care Assistant - Maternity Support. If you are looking for casual work we - d like to hear from you.
You - ll be working within the maternity where you will provide assistance to the midwifery team. You - ll support the delivery of services to women and whanau under the direct supervision of the midwife. If you - re looking for flexible hours, or further learning and development whilst gaining experience in the maternity setting, working for the Bureau creates those opportunities.
- Answering call bells
- Assist with transfer of clinically well woman to NICU or ultrasound
- Assist woman to bathroom/shower
- Bed making
- Positioning/comfort cares
- Bed bath
- Empty indwelling catheter bag or measure trial of voids
- Basic baby cares (bathing, changing nappies, and settling babies)
- Collecting expressing equipment or breastmilk for women
- Cleaning and sterilising expressing equipment post collection
Moū - About you
To be eligible for this position, you will need to be enrolled in a BMid Programme, and be able to show evidence of completing your first year.
What we can do for you
- An individualised orientation programme
- Exceptional professional development opportunities including study days
- The opportunity to work in a large hospital providing tertiary level care for the region
E pā ana ki a tatou - About us
Here at Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley District we embrace diversity and welcome applications from all people, including all gender identities, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, disability and religions. A workforce that is diverse and inclusive means that we are better positioned to understand and serve our community.
Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley District are pro-equity health organisation, with a particular focus on Māori, Pacific Peoples, and the Disability Community.
To find out more about us click on the following links:
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to apply
Click the apply now button to send your application directly to us.
Ma tini, ma mano, ka rapa te whai
By joining together we will succeed
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.