Needs Assessor Service Coordinator/Social Worker (Full Time) Koropiko Ward, Mental Health Services for Older People Inpatients at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Counties Manukau, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Remuneration as per PSA Allied Health MECA guidelines (between 2 $63,135 - 8 $85,204)
Do you have experience working with Older People? We have a wonderful opportunity for a Needs Assessor/Social Worker.
We have an exciting role for a Needs Assessor/Social Worker to join our professional and multi-disciplinary team based at Middlemore Hospital, Ward 43 Mental Health Services for Older People (MHSOP) - Inpatients. MHSOP offers a fully integrated community and inpatient mental health service for older people (65 years +). These patients face functional disorders, dementia with behavioural and psychological symptoms and people under the age of 65 years of age, if they have an age-related disorder, e.g. early onset dementia.
In this role, you will provide acute assessment and management of this service user group and assists in enabling a successful return to the service user’s home with family/whanau or admission to residential care.
You will be required to conduct ongoing psychosocial assessments, treatment and support interventions to service users on the ward, as well as guide families and service users through legal processes, such as the PPPR Act. It is essential to work in partnership with service users and whaanau to identify the patient’s health goals and coordinate services to meet those goals. You will be supported by your Charge Nurse Manager, Social Worker peers and the wider MHSOP team.
• New Zealand Registration with the Social Worker Registration Board
• Current Annual Practising Certificate
• Experience as a mental health clinician and in care coordination
• Knowledge of mental health and working with older people
• Full clean drivers licence
What's in it for you?
• A great learning environment where you will continue to grow and be challenged
• Fantastic culture and team environment
• Refund of your annual practising certificate cost
• Onsite professional development sessions
• Onsite learning centre with regular training provided by overseas allied health experts
• Discounted services as part of our work perks
• This role is Monday to Friday based at Middlemore Hospital and the train stops outside our front door!
Please apply online at www.countieshealthjobs.com.
To review the position description please ''click here''. If you have further questions, please contact Amy Lin in the Recruitment Centre on 09 276 0044 ext 58680 or email@example.com.
Job Number: CMH07328
Applications Close: 15 December 2022
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Counties Manukau|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.