District Nurse at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Lakes, Bay of Plenty
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Fixed Term, 0.6 FTE
An exciting opportunity has become available to work as a District Nurse and join our passionate and multidisciplinary team at District Nursing at Rotorua.
• District Nurses are responsible for treating and managing a geographically located group of patients. They are responsible for performing assessments, deciding on a treatment (care) plan, visit schedules and review timeframes. May include but not limited to moderate to complex wound care, Negative Pressure Wound Therapy, IV/Advanced IV therapy and maintenance of devices, Compression therapy, urology (catheters), trauma wounds (ACC), skin grafts, minor ops (lesions) and education of patients/staff.
• Part-time, fixed term. Hours of work currently 0800-1630, Monday to Sunday, as rostered. Weekends rostered 1 each 4-6 weeks. Roster request diary. Support with service orientation, ongoing education, PG Study, uniforms and vehicle.
Candidates should have
• IV/CVAD certificate (preferred but not essential)
• Practicing Certificate
• Driver’s licence with the ability to drive into rural areas as well as city
• 1-3 years of nursing experience (acute setting or hospital level care rest home).
• The ability to work alone while being part of a team
• A desire to extend knowledge
• Previous wound care experience desired but not essential
• A registered nurse who is fully vaccinated against Covid
• A RN who may have PG Certificate, Diploma or Masters.
• $64,291-$88,757 pro-rated to hours worked
If you meet the above, apply on-line https://www.lakesdhb.govt.nz/ or contact Denise Werpachowski at email@example.com. The selection process starts from the date of advertising.
Te Whatu Ora Lakes provides healthcare to a population of 110,000 people from its two modern and progressive general hospitals in Rotorua and Taupo, New Zealand. The Lakes district is well known for its many outdoor recreational activities such as mountain biking, skiing, and fishing. Family friendly beaches are also an hour’s drive away. The Lakes district has a growing multi-cultural community and is becoming the lifestyle destination of choice. Working at Te Whatu Ora Lakes provides a great opportunity to balance an amazing lifestyle with a rewarding professional experience in an excellent and supportive work environment.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Lakes|
|Location:||Bay of Plenty|
|Position type:||Contract/Temp Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.