Principal Risk Advisor at New Zealand Transport Agency, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Come join our growing team and help lead Waka Kotahi to manage risk and do the right thing to deliver a land transport system connecting people, products, and places for a thriving Aotearoa. We are hiring Principal Risk Advisor
- Provide strategic input for the planning and development of the risk work programme; practice and support strategic decision making and improvements at Waka Kotahi.
- Lead and influence key senior stakeholders and cross functional teams to manage, monitor, escalate and report on risks and opportunities independently.
- Lead the enhancement and progress of risk capability and maturity across Waka Kotahi.
- Development of methodologies and processes for effective and consistent risk management within the delivery of transport sector objectives.
- Location may be Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch
Te Whiwhinga mahi | The opportunity'
We have a new opportunity available on the team reporting to the Manager Risk and Reporting.
It is an exciting time to join the Risk and Assurance team as we navigate through the impact of climate change, cost of living, the geopolitical landscape, the global marketplace, and people's expectations for a safer, more resilient and more equitable society.
Waka Kotahi is focused on achieving greater outcomes not just for the land transport system but also for Aotearoa New Zealand. Our current priorities are culture and leadership, delivery excellence, future focus and accelerating digital and the role of the team and leading the lift of the overall risk and assurance maturity and integrate and strengthen practices across Waka Kotahi is one of the keys to success.
You will excel in kotahitanga with strengths in collaboration, and ability to influence and work positively and inclusively. We need to be brave - Kia Maia is another core value, as we speak up to challenge, build the centre of excellence and integrate and align our efforts as we strive to embed risk and assurance in everything we do.
The current teamwork from six Waka Kotahi offices across New Zealand and the roles bring opportunity to influence in an exciting flexible and hybrid working environment and work required.
Outline of the role:
Principal Risk Advisor
The purpose of this role is to provide strategic leadership in the Risk and Reporting team to lift risk maturity at Waka Kotahi. This role will lead and support risk partnering with the business and embedding the risk framework to provide assurance that the risks are well managed. They will also lead professional expert advice and knowledge internally and externally while growing stakeholder strategic relationships across Waka Kotahi.
Ko koe tēnei | About you'
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
Knowledge and experience in the following areas:
- Managing complex multifaceted issues
- Ability to think strategically and anticipate risks and issues before they arise
- Ability to identify, articulate and manage strategic risks.
- Experience leading large teams supporting a broad range of work in a demanding environment
- Ability to build relationships with key senior people and leverage those relationships to build consensus and create strategic alignment
- Build connections across an organisation in order to identify legal, compliance and other strategic risks.
- Demonstrated leadership experience with significant experience in turning strategy into action
- A broad range of assurance and risk experience
- Extensive experience in risk, compliance and integrity reporting and providing advisory services.
- Comprehensive knowledge of best practice risk, compliance and integrity frameworks
- Strong verbal and written communication skills -the ability to tell a compelling story, translating complex topics and issues simply to influence the audience
- Exceptional ability to facilitate, influence and persuade, including connecting the right people together to resolve complex issues.
- An innovator who can identify solutions to complex problems and find new ways of achieving organisational outcomes.
- 10-15 years PQE tertiary qualification in law, risk, assurance or other relevant qualification.
You will demonstrate knowledge of, or a willingness to gain an understanding of Te Ao Māori and promote tikanga and Te Reo Māori. You will also have knowledge of, or a willingness to gain an appreciation of Te Tiriti o Waitangi (the Treaty of Waitangi) as it applies in the public sector.
Ko wai mātou | About us
At Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa. Waka Kotahi has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years' time.
The Risk and Assurance Team is part of Legal and Governance in the Corporate Support Group. Corporate Support are enablers, advisors and are the people who keep the Agency safe. Corporate Support includes Finance, Research and Analytics, Procurement, and Enterprise Change. For the Agency to be successful, Corporate Support needs to deliver quality services efficiently.
Along with our other'benefits'we also have new Waka Kotahi Life, Income Protection and Critical illness Insurance scheme available for permanent employees.
View the Position Description HERE
Rā Katinga | Applications close: Sunday 4th December 2022
For further information, email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Waka Kotahi is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Please note that we may begin shortlisting as we receive applications. We encourage early applications as we may withdraw the advertising at any time.
If you are a contractor/temp currently working with Waka Kotahi, you may apply for internal vacancies however please note that we will give consideration to permanent employees first.
Don't see the Refer button? This role is only able to be applied for by internal candidates so you are unable to refer external candidates for this role.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||New Zealand Transport Agency|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.