Kaiwhakahaere Panonitanga Matua | Senior Change Manager at Statistics NZ, Multiple Locations
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Kaiwhakahaere Panonitanga Matua | Senior Change Manager (Permanent)
Join an organisation contributing to meaningful outcomes, About Aotearoa, for Aotearoa - data that improves lives today and for generations to come.
- Opportunity to use your change management experience to support our leaders and people to be successful through any change
- Flexible work environment including family-friendly hours
- Permanent position supported by an Enterprise Portfolio Office that adapts and responds to the organisation needs
Mōu | For you
Taturanga Aotearoa Stats NZ are dedicated to diversity, equity, inclusion, health and wellbeing. We welcome every gender, ethnicity, ability, religion, age and background and encourage people to be their authentic selves.
- Salary + superannuation
- Flexible by default, balance life and work commitments
- Develop and grow your career (coaching, training, study support, secondments)
- An environment where we can all be leaders, where your ideas and input are encouraged
- Contribute to meaningful work that makes a difference to all people in Aotearoa
- 3 extra annual leave days (taken during Christmas office closure), see careers site for other benefits and networks
- City based offices that cater to a variety of working styles and needs
Te tūnga | The role
We currently have an opening for a Senior Change Manager to join our Enterprise Portfolio Office. We are looking for a motivated and experienced person who can lead priority projects incorporating both business change and IT delivery.
You will work in the Enterprise Portfolio Office, with a great cohort of Project Managers, Business Analysts and Change Managers who are passionate about what they do and happy to support you.
You will be accountable for the management and delivery of medium to large projects/programmes within the organisation, as well as more complex projects across Stats NZ. In this role you will:
- Assess the scope and scale of change of projects to determine the most appropriate change approach to achieve outcomes.
- Effectively manage and deliver across the full change lifecycle from the creation of the impacts assessment through to the embedding of change.
- Influence programme/project and leaders, on the value of change, ensure that people changes are at the heart of decision making and provide the right tools to support the change experience.
- Work with leaders to realise the benefits of change to ensure the long-term sustainability of implementing change into the business.
- Actively participate in the change management centre of excellence to ensure consistently high standards of change management practice across EPO.
Your initial assignment will be to work across two key projects. The first will be a well-established data project that is progressing through delivery phase, and the second will be to assist with setting up a key project within the legacy system remediation programme. The project teams are based in Christchurch, Wellington, and Auckland. These are high priority projects delivering outputs which benefit a wide range of stakeholders.
Nōu te rourou | What you bring
Working closely with teams across the organisation, you will be required to build positive and productive relationships. You will be highly organised, self -managing, able to work independently and as part of a cross functional team. You will be familiar with techniques and frameworks of your discipline and be comfortable learning in a high paced environment.
We are looking for a motivated individual with the following in your cover letter and CV:
- Why Tatauranga Aotearoa - Stats NZ is the place for you, why us, and why Government?
- Your experience in your craft - ideally, a proven track record of 5+ years in a change manager role across a wide range of projects/initiatives and implementation mechanisms.
- Examples of excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a proven ability to develop, maintain and enhance relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts.
- Examples of your strong experience working with leaders and people at all levels of the organisation in a high-change environment.
- Information about your knowledge and experience, or desire to learn and build knowledge and experience of Te Tiriti, Tikanga, Te Reo and Te Ao Māori, and engagement with Māori.
- Examples of where you've demonstrated or encouraged diversity and inclusion in and/or outside of work.
- Demonstration of your understanding of the machinery of government and related processes and procedures
- Role-specific training - relevant certification in change management (e.g. Prosci, CMI accreditation, APMG) desirable.
We encourage and consider transferable skills and experience gained from outside of work e.g., cultural, community work, sports, volunteering, or a comparable role in a different sector or industry.
Ko mātou | About Us
Tatauranga Aotearoa - Stats NZ is a Central Government employer of around 1400 people across Aotearoa. We provide data and statistical outputs to support the decisions that the Government, Māori and Iwi organisations, businesses, NGOs and New Zealanders make every day. Our work is About Aotearoa, for Aotearoa - data that improves lives today and for generations to come.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
We encourage you to be you in your application! We are truly committed to diversity, inclusion and lifting our cultural capability. You don't need to be knowledgeable in these areas, but you do need to be on board with learning. And please let us know in your application if we need to make any specific accommodations during our process.
Please reach out to Nick Haslett (firstname.lastname@example.org) to arrange a kōrero (chat) before you apply if that is what you need from this process. Or reach out to us with any questions at email@example.com.
Note: We will be screening applications as we receive them to move swiftly to interview shortly after the advert closes (depending on application numbers this date may change). You may be asked to complete a pre-interview screen via phone or video.
Check out our careers site to find out more about working at Tatauranga Aotearoa Stats NZ.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: unsolicited CVs will not be accepted, do not contact the Hiring Manager directly, instead reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
You must have the right to live and work in Aotearoa New Zealand, and have a valid vaccine pass to apply for this job. Pre-employment checks are part of our recruitment process.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||IT & computing|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Senior Change Manager Position Description.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.