Kaitohutohu Matua | Senior Advisor – Te Ao Māori at Statistics NZ, Multiple Locations
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mōu | For you
Tatauranga Aotearoa Stats NZ are dedicated to diversity, equity, inclusion, health and wellbeing. We welcome every gender, ethnicity, ability, religion, age and background and encourage people to be their authentic selves.
- Flexible by default, balance life and work commitments
- Contribute to meaningful work that makes a difference to all people in Aotearoa
- 3 extra annual leave days (taken during Christmas office closure), see careers site for other benefits and networks
Te tūnga | The role
We are looking for an exceptional Senior Advisor who is passionate about improving outcomes for Māori, experienced in working within a dynamic working environment, specifically in progressing Māori initiatives to support our overarching Stats NZ strategy 'for and with iwi, hapū, Māori' and achieving better for Māori through the 2023 Census. This role is fixed term until June 2023 reporting to the Director - Te Ao Māori. You will support a busy team to meet their obligations within the Stats NZ strategy for Māori, as well our overarching plan for achieving better outcomes for Māori within the 2023 Census programme. You will be agile in the way that you operate ensuring that deadlines are met, and relationships are fostered. Census is near and the team are in need of an exceptional person to help steward, lead and guide the Census Programme on ensuring the outcomes for Māori are achieved. Experience in planning, writing, facilitation, engagement and advocating in Māori kaupapa are vital.
Nōu te rourou | What you bring
We encourage and consider transferable skills and experience gained from outside of work e.g., cultural, community work, sports, volunteering, or a comparable role in a different sector or industry.
We want to hear about any of the following in your cover letter and CV any information relating to:
- About your knowledge and experience, or willingness to learn about Te Tiriti, Tikanga, Te Reo and Te Ao Māori.
- How you've demonstrated, encouraged or supported diversity and inclusion in or outside of work.
- Examples of key relationships you've built and how and why relationships are important.
- Where you've demonstrated leadership, e.g., led by example, demonstrated problem solving, owned a project or piece of work, spoken up for yourself or others.
- Where you've shown curiosity and tried new things, taken on other perspectives, challenged the norm, learned and applied or shared your learnings.
- Where you've demonstrated customer centricity, everyone is a customer mentality, collaborated with others and invited feedback, spent time with diverse people and communities to broaden your views.
- Experience in a similar role that included a large component of managing expectations (of external partners/stakeholders, a manager)
- Examples where you've worked with Māori, iwi, hapū and Tiriti partners
- Demonstration of mātauranga Māori, fluency in te reo, understanding of tikanga and applying Te Tiriti o Waitangi in a work setting.
Ko mātou | About Us
Tatauranga Aotearoa - Stats NZ is a Central Government employer of around 1400 people across Aotearoa. We provide data and statistics to support the decisions of Government, Māori and Iwi organisations, businesses, NGOs and New Zealanders. Our work is About Aotearoa, for Aotearoa - data that improves lives today and for generations to come.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
We encourage you to be you in your application! We are truly committed to diversity, inclusion and lifting our cultural capability. You don't need to be knowledgeable in these areas, but you do need to be on board with learning.
Note: We will be screening applications as we receive them to move swiftly to interview shortly after the advert closes (depending on application numbers this date may change). You may be asked to complete a pre-interview screen via phone or video. Please let us know in your application if we need to make any specific accommodations during our process.
We encourage you to go to our careers site to learn more about working at Tatauranga Aotearoa Stats NZ.
You must have the right to live and work in Aotearoa New Zealand. Background and various pre-employment checks are part of our recruitment process.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Position type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||PD Senior Advisor Te Ao Maori 221122.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.