Community Mental Health Nurses - PSAID Outpatients at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitaha Canterbury, Christchurch
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Permanent Full Time opportunity available
- Community Mental Health experience desired, based in PSAID's outpatient team
- Registered with the Nursing Council of New Zealand with a current APC and must have a mental health scope of practice.
Mō te tūnga | About the role
Based at Hillmorton Hospital, the Psychiatric Services for Adults with an Intellectual Disability (PSAID) Community Team provides comprehensive mental health assessment and treatment, including case management, for consumers with an intellectual disability and who also have a mental illness.The service is geared towards supporting and enabling consumers to effectively manage their illness in the community and lead a good life, often following inpatient care.
Pehea | About You
This role involves managing and prioritising a caseload, where you oversee all aspects of care for consumers. This includes assessments, home visits, followup appointments, and organising reviews within your multidisciplinary team. A key part of the role will also see you support residential providers in keeping consumers well in their supported living arrangements. To this end, you will be assisting in providing advice and directives for NGO workers involved in the treatment plans of your consumers. You will also be prepared to respond to and know how to approach crises whenever they may occur.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
- An experienced Registered Nurse with a recent mental health background, with a current NZ practicing certificate
- Past experience working in Intellectual Disability Services is desirable, although if you don't have this, we are still interested to hear from anyone who has an interest to work and gain experience in ID.
- A confident practitioner with demonstrated patient assessment skills
- A Registered Nurse who is enthusiastic, motivated, with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to engage a wide variety of people
- Previous experience in working with consumers who have an intellectual disability would be an advantage
1x Full time (1FTE) permanent position
Mō mātou | About Us
Specialist Mental Health Services are an interdisciplinary team that forms part of Te Whatu Ora - Waitaha Canterbury [Health NZ]. We are committed to working and partnering with tāngata whaiora and their whānau. Constantly striving to work within our philosophy; we develop therapeutic, supportive and empowering relationships with our consumers, enabling them to achieve their personal goals and aspirations.
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
Please submit your most recent resume along with a cover letter stating why you believe that you are the ideal candidate for the role highlighting any skills you have gained along the way.
Applications are only accepted online so please visit our website at www.cdhbcareers.co.nz complete an application.
Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information
Applicants will be progressed as they apply, so if this sounds like you, please apply now!
The role that you are applying for is one that may only be performed by a person who has been vaccinated against COVID-19. It is therefore a condition of this application that you are vaccinated against COVID-19. This vaccination requirement includes gaining Booster Doses required to perform you role under the Health Order. As a person working in the health and disability sector you will come into contact with a large number of people, some of whom may be vulnerable. Without a vaccine, there is the risk that you may contract COVID-19. The requirement to be vaccinated is to keep you safe and also to endeavour to protect others against the potential transmission of COVID-19 as a result of you contracting it in the course of your employment.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitaha Canterbury|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.