Executive Assistant at Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Discover a career with purpose at MBIE
- Manage key working relationships to enable the GM to effectively perform their role
- Wellington CBD – Fixed term or secondment till June 2023
- Salary – $68,875 - $77,853 plus Kiwi Saver and wellness benefits
About the role:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Executive Assistant to provide executive support to the General Manager - MIQ. You will bring your business understanding and perspective to work in partnership with your manager and other staff. You will work closely with all branches’ Personal Assistants and help support a strong team-based culture.
You will provide high level confidential executive support to the General Manager enabling them to efficiently use their time and talents to achieve the MBIE’s outcomes and deliverables, as well as ensuring quality and consistency of advice and practices in relation to their contribution to the team’s work.
If you are an experienced PA looking to make a ‘step up’ we would be happy to hear from you. MBIE supports a wide range of flexible working arrangements. Talk to us about what might work for both you and us.
The role of MIQ is to maintain and enhance the Quarantine and Isolation Readiness Plan, develop the Programme Business Case (PBC) for a National Quarantine Capability (NQC) and manage ongoing accountability requirements.
Skills and experience required:
- A proven track record of experience and achievement in support role(s).
- Wide ranging knowledge of administration systems and processes.
- Knowledge and understanding of working within a government agency.
- Excellent relationship and client management skills.
- Proven ability to develop trust and credibility at the executive level.
- Understanding of where the business group or branch fits in delivering outcomes for MBIE.
- Strong communication, influencing and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively and to contribute positively in a team environment and to prioritise to achieve MBIE outcomes.
- Willingness to work in a flexible and dynamic environment.
MBIE's goal is to create a resilient and high-performing economy that delivers real and ongoing quality of life for all New Zealanders.
We do this by working with others to create an environment that supports businesses to be more productive and internationally competitive, enables all New Zealanders to participate in the economy through improved job opportunities and by working to ensure quality housing is more affordable.
People are at the heart of our mahi, our way of working is guided by our values which shape our behaviours.
- Mahi Tahi – Better Together
- Māia – Bold and brave
- Pae Kahurangi – Build our Future
- Pono Me Te Tika – Own It
Our aspirations are echoed in our Māori identity – Hīkina Whakatutuki – which broadly means ‘lifting to make successful'.
MBIE recognises the partnership founded under Te Tiriti o Waitangi between Māori and the Crown and is committed to giving effect to Te Tiriti o Waitangi. We will do this through enduring, meaningful and effective partnerships with iwi, Māori, other Māori groups/organisations and the Crown, as this is critical to enable economic and social development, both for Māori and for wider Aotearoa New Zealand. We are committed to continuing to partner with iwi in order to find new sustainable solutions to address long standing systemic and cross-cutting issues facing Māori and wider Aotearoa New Zealand and we are also committed to identifying opportunities for iwi to lead and creating an enabling environment for iwi to leverage these opportunities.
E mōhio ana a Hīkina Whakatutuki i puea ake te kōtuinga I waenganui i a ngāi Māori me te Karauna i Te Tiriti o Waitangi, ā, kei te whai ia ki te whakaū ake i Te Tiriti o Waitangi. Mā te whai kiko o ngā kōtuinga ahungaroa o ngāi wi, o ngāi Māori, me ētahi atu rōpū Māori ki te Karauna, katutuki tēnei. He āhuatanga nui tēnei e āhei ai ngā mahi whanaketanga ā-ohanga, ā-pāpori hoki ki a ngāi Māori me Aotearoa whānui. E whai tonu ana mātou ki te kōtui atu ki ngā iwi mō te rapu huarahi hou ki te whakaara i ngā kaupapakua roa nei e tāmi ana i a ngāi Māori me Aotearoa whānui, ā, e whai ana hoki ki te tautohu i ngā āheinga kōkiritanga mā ngā iwi, me te tautoko i ngā iwi kia whai mana ake ai ēnei āheinga.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment|
|Position type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.