Cloud Architect at New Zealand Customs Service, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Are you an experienced Cloud Architect looking for your next challenge?
- Do you want to play an important role in the protection of New Zealand's borders?
- Work with a team that values collaboration and innovation
- Opportunities for growth and career development
- Be part of a progressive, inclusive and dynamic organisation
- Wellington-based with options to work flexibly from home
- Flexible working arrangements + 3 additional Customs' leave days.
Do you want use your technical and business knowledge to make a difference for a key NZ Government Agency helping protect NZ? The team at NZ Customs are growing our Cloud practice as we help our Business adopt Cloud platforms to transform the way they do business. This is your opportunity to deliver end-to-end Cloud solutions as part of our Cloud Strategy.
This is a full-time permanent opportunity reporting to the Tower Manager Corporate, based in our Wellington Customhouse.
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
This role provides an excellent opportunity for a Cloud Architect who enjoys the satisfaction of developing solutions from concept stage through to implementation.
The role is required to have a broad range of industry expertise and is expected to take a key ownership role in the delivery of Cloud technology outcomes. You will be involved in Maturing / progressing our Cloud Strategy, Solution Design, and the design and implementation of our technology solutions.
To be successful as a Cloud Architect, you'll require the following knowledge, experience, skills, qualifications and/or personal attributes:
- Designing and documenting complex cloud solutions;
- Cloud Certification (Azure required, some AWS beneficial);
- General IT Infrastructure - Active Directory, Windows, Linux, Storage, Backup, Monitoring, Observability etc);
- Building and deploying cloud platforms with an automation focus;
- Implementing Cloud Adoption Frameworks and ensuring systems are Well Architected;
- Embedding Zero Trust design principles;
- Working autonomously but as part of a collaborative team.
Me pehea te whakauru I How to apply
To join Customs in any role you must be a New Zealand citizen or NZ permanent resident*.
(*) A New Zealand Citizen or New Zealand Permanent Resident who has resided continuously in New Zealand for the last five years and resides in NZ at time of application;
OR a New Zealand Citizen or New Zealand Permanent Resident who has resided in New Zealand for the last five years and resides in NZ at time of application, but may have been absent from New Zealand for periods of six or more months within the past five years, preferably in one or more of the following countries: either Australia, Canada, UK or the USA. You will be required to provide overseas police certificates for these periods spent outside of New Zealand.
COVID-19 Vaccination requirement: All new employees are required to be vaccinated in line with our Vaccination Policy. New employees will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencing employment.
Applicants must have New Zealand Citizenship or have NZ Permanent Residency and be able to obtain and maintain an organisational security clearance to a higher level. The successful applicant will also be required to pass an initial drug test.
For further information about the role, please contact Craig McDonald (Tower Manager Corporate) at email@example.com or Suzanne Leahy (Senior Recruitment Advisor) at Suzanne.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, applicants that recently applied for this role (October 2022) need not re-apply.
New Zealand Customs Service | Te Mana Ārai o Aotearoa is a member of Diversity Works New Zealand and is committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities, consider flexible working arrangements and welcome applications from everyone who can meet the requirements of the role.
Please visit our website http://www.customs.govt.nz.to apply on line submitting a CV and cover letter that demonstrates your ability to meet the competencies required for the role as outlined in the position description along with what attracts you to this position and working within the New Zealand Customs Service.
Applications close at 11pm, Sunday 4 December 2022.
- Learning and development opportunities
- In-house gym facilities (Wellington)
- Flexible working arrangements.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||New Zealand Customs Service|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||IT & computing|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||JD - Cloud+architect+pd+Sept+2022 GV.docx|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.