Rotational Clinical Pharmacist (Full Time) Pharmacy Service, Middlemore Hospital at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Counties Manukau, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Remuneration as per PSA Allied Health MECA guidelines (between step 4 $72,378 - 8 $85,204)
*Current intern pharmacists are welcome to apply
Are you passionate about clinical pharmacy and driving our profession forward in the healthcare landscape? Do you want to make a real impact on the safety and quality of patient care? We have one position available for a motivated pharmacist to join our dynamic and ambitious Clinical Pharmacy service at Middlemore Hospital.
Middlemore Hospital is a large and progressive tertiary hospital located in South Auckland and is unique in terms of the diverse, high-needs population we serve. Our service is committed to providing excellent patient-centred care and achieving equitable health outcomes through collaboration, continuous improvement and innovation. We are proud to be one of the leading Clinical Pharmacy services in Australasia with established systems and technology to optimise safe and effective use of medicines for our patients, from admission to discharge. Our clinical pharmacists have a strong presence and are well-regarded across the organisation. Our work is highly valued not just in the direct patient care setting but also in clinical leadership within the multidisciplinary team as well as quality/systems improvement and governance.
We are invested in building workforce capabilities and supporting our pharmacists to achieve their goals as a clinician and to make a lasting impact within and beyond the organisation. The diverse and complex clinical scenarios that we encounter and help manage every day make Counties Manukau an exceptional environment for lifelong learning, no matter your years of experience. Our rotation design and structure alongside our clearly defined career progression pathway enable our pharmacists to excel in their clinical careers, as well as pursue opportunities in education, quality improvement, research and leadership.
Working alongside pharmacists with a wide range of experience, your main responsibilities include:
• Providing clinical pharmacy services to our inpatients, including medicines reconciliation, medication review and optimisation, discharge facilitation and attending ward rounds/MDTs
• Promoting evidence-based medicine and patient-centred care
• Contributing towards/leading quality improvement and medication safety initiatives
• Continuing to grow your clinical expertise and contributing to education and training of your colleagues and other professions
• Supporting other aspects of the pharmacy service such as inpatient dispensary and oncall service
To view the full job description, please click here.
We are looking for a pharmacist who is/has:
• Patient-focused, enthusiastic and driven
• Excellent communicator with sound problem-solving skills
• Curious, reflective and motivated in continuous improvement
• New Zealand Registered Pharmacist with current APC or eligibility to obtain one
• Able to work flexible hours (such as participating in our extended pharmacy service hours, oncall and weekend rosters)
• Prior hospital experience with established clinical pharmacy competencies and technical ability (preferred but not essential)
• Relevant postgraduate qualifications in clinical pharmacy (not essential)
We offer highly competitive remuneration commensurate matching to your skills, experience and qualifications.
Please apply online at www.countieshealthjobs.com.
For more information on this role, please contact Amy Lin in the Recruitment Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org or 092760044 ext 58680.
Job Number: CMH20229885
Applications Close: 22 December 2022
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Counties Manukau|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.