Consultation Liaison Psychiatrist (0.4FTE), Te Whatu Ora - Counties Manukau District at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Counties Manukau, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Counties Manukau Health is on the brink of change with our vision of being "Healthy Together"
With changes coming in people, systems and processes, we are looking to integrate our services to achieve health equity within the community. Come, be part of this change and help us transform people’s lives!
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Paediatric Consultation Liaison Psychiatrist (0.4 FTE) at CM Health. This position is based at Middlemore Hospital with the Paediatric Consult Liaison Team, a multidisciplinary specialist paediatric mental health team comprised of nursing, psychology and part-time Paediatric Registrar shared with the Centre for Youth Health, and a part time Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist. The team works alongside the Adult/Old Age Liaison Psychiatry Team and outpatient psychologists in Psychological Medicine, which is part of the Division of Medicine, while retaining links to the CM Health Mental Health and Addictions Services.
The scope of this position is to provide mental health assessment and treatment to children, young people up to the age of 18 and their whaanau, within both inpatient paediatric and general hospital settings (excluding the Emergency Department) and outpatient work for young people under specialist general health teams. This includes assessment and treatment of persons experiencing distress or dysfunction associated with physical, behavioural, social, emotional, nervous and mental disorders, with a view to promoting satisfaction, adaptation, rehabilitation, health, and reintegration within their communities.
The Psychiatrist will work in collaboration with children and young people, their whaanau and other members of the multidisciplinary teams in providing expert mental health assessment, advice and management for patients and whanau. This role predominantly involves inpatients in Kidz First Paediatric Hospital and the National Burns Unit, as well as adolescents in adult medical and surgical wards. It will also involve developing liaison relationships with specific specialist health services, supporting other paediatric health care professionals in KIDZ First and other general health care professionals in the general hospital setting, maintaining links with the Community Child, Adolescent and Family Mental Health Services, and liaising with education, social and child protection services. The Psychiatrist will provide leadership and supervision for the Paediatric Consult Liaison Team, including the Paediatric Registrar.
You will be supported through the recruitment process with a dedicated Consultant working with you through the job offer, council registration and helping you settle in once you arrive.
- Must be eligible to register or registered in the Vocational scope of Psychiatry with the Medical Council of New Zealand (eligibility for registration can be checked via this link https://www.mcnz.org.nz/get-registered/registration-self-assessment-tool
- A specialist qualification in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, i.e. FRANZCP with Advanced Training Certificate in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry or equivalent, is required. Other relevant specialist qualifications such as in Paediatric Medicine or Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry would be desirable
- Current Annual Practising Certificate with the NZMC
Preferred experience includes:
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry experience and/or Advanced Training Certificate in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry essential
- Minimum 5 years recent clinical experience preferred
- Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry experience preferred
- Confidence working in culturally diverse settings
Please contact Dr Jackie Liggins Consultant Psychiatrist on +64 21 741 157 for more information.
To view the job description, please click here.
|#psychiatry #psychiatrist #consultantpsychiatrist #mentalhealth #specialist #tiahomai #intake #Counties #MMH #liasonpsychiatry #integratedcare #ict|
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Counties Manukau|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.