Pou Whirinaki, Cultural Advisor (EOI), Starship Child Health at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Toka Tumai Auckland, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Nau mai, haere mai ki Starship Child Health!
Here is an exciting opportunity within the Starship Child Health for a Pou Whirinaki, Cultural Advisor.
- Stimulating role that is kaupapa driven – mokopuna ora
- Leading and maintaining the cultural integrity and safety of Starship
- Raising the cultural capacity and capability of Starship
- Make a daily difference to individuals and teams across a child health organisation
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
We are Te Whatu Ora Te Toka Tumai Auckland. We are part of Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, the overarching organisation for New Zealand’s national health service. We provide health and disability services to more than half a million people living in central Auckland, regional services for Northland and greater Auckland, and specialist national services for the whole of New Zealand. Our main sites are Auckland City Hospital, Greenlane Clinical Centre and Starship Children’s Hospital, located in central Auckland.
Starship Hospital and the Child Health Directorate is a dedicated paediatric healthcare service and major national teaching centre. Starship provides a wide range of complex medical, surgical, cardiac and mental health services for children and young people throughout New Zealand and the South Pacific, using a whānau-centred approach. Starship aims to lead the nation in the provision of world class equitable healthcare, paediatric training and research, in an environment where kaimahi can flourish, personally and professionally.
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
Te Pou Whirinaki, mō Starship Child Health, āu haepapa:
- He taki he whakaū i te tuakiritanga me te mana o Starship Child Health.
(Leading and maintaining the cultural integrity and safety of Starship Child Health.)
- He whakarahi ake i te āheitanga me te ūnga ahurea o Starship Child Health.
(Raising the cultural capacity and capability of Starship Child Health.)
- He manaaki i te tuakiri ahurea me te here o Starship Child Health.
(Protecting the cultural identity and obligation of Starship Child Health.)
Ka noho ngā mahi a te Pou Whirinaki ki waenga i te Tari Māori o Starship, ā, ka tautoko i ngā āheitanga a te Tumu Whakarae me te Pouwhakahaere Matua ki te taki i te Rautaki, “mai te puna wai, ki te tapuwae”. Ko tā tēnei mahi he tirotiro, he whakarite, he taki i te ‘pae tikanga’, te rautaki whakaroto manaaki, pupuri i te mana o te ahurea, mātauranga, tauira me te mōhio ā-roto, ā-waho huri noa o ngā mahi a Starship Child Health.
For all aspects of this role and experience/knowledge required please see the position description
For more information about this role or for a confidential discussion about the position please Toni Shepherd, Māori Health Director for Starship Child Health via email TShepherd@adhb.govt.nz
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
- Actively involved with your own marae, hāpū and iwi, and a comprehensive understanding of your own tikanga and kawa.
- Ability to articulate the aspirations and systems of Te Tiriti o Waitangi, Mana Motuhake, Whānau, Hapū, Iwi, Te Ao Māori and Mātauranga Māori.
- A proven ability to enact and implement indigenous and culturally safe processes, practices and rituals.
- Fluency in te reo me ōna tikanga, as validated and practiced within your own marae, hapū and iwi.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
Please submit your application online, outlining your experience and motivation to apply to this role in your covering letter quoting job reference EOI-PW1
To view details about our recruitment process, click here.
If you have any queries about accessibility, or technical issues with the online process, please contact Honey Pillai - Recruitment Consultant at HPillai@adhb.govt.nz and quote EOI-PW1 to discuss how we can best support your application.
Please note: If we receive a high number of applications for this position, we may have to close our advertising early. We recommend that you submit your application as early as possible.
For the largest health sector job board in New Zealand, visit www.kiwihealthjobs.com
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Toka Tumai Auckland|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.