Analyst Business Reporting at Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Analyst Business Reporting - People, Capability and Enabling Services
Role: Analyst Business Reporting
Reports to: Team Leader Business Reporting
Job type: Permanent
Are you an experienced Analyst or have recently graduated from university with an interest in the following?
- Improving outcomes for children, young people, and families
- Being part of Oranga Tamariki's Data and Information group at an exciting time
- Working with our data and information teams and key stakeholders to execute and deliver data engineering services to our staff, enabling them to provide better outcomes to children, young people and families
Mō mātou | About us
Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children has a commitment to putting tamariki and rangatahi at the heart of what we do. In our work, we aim to demonstrate these values:
- We put Tamariki first
- We believe Aroha is vital
- We respect the Mana of people
- We are Tika and Pono
- We value Whakapapa
- We recognise that Oranga is a journey
Mō te tūnga | About the role
As an Analyst in the Business Information team, you will play a pivotal role in data retrieval, data manipulation and data analysis. You will analyse data sets from our CYRAS application and translate this into meaningful insights.
The purpose of this role is to provide high quality information advisory and analysis services to support operational and external reporting. We are looking for someone experienced in generating new and unique solutions that could help drive our continuous improvement programme.
- Provide business information analysis and insight, including forecasting trends, to improve the decision-making capability of Oranga Tamariki.
- Extract and/or analyse information in line with business rules and appropriate codes, identifying and providing explanations for any anomalies or issues and identifying potential impacts or risks.
- Work alongside project teams and frontline services to ensure that reporting meets the requirements for strategic and operational monitoring and decision-making.
- Work co-operatively with key stakeholders and teams across Oranga Tamariki to build effective networks and meet their information needs
- Build and maintain cooperative relationships with other agencies to facilitate the sharing of information
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu | What you will bring
- A good understand of data concepts
- Experience with requirements gathering and data analysis, with the ability to translate business needs into data and information solutions
- Ability to communicate complex ideas to a variety of audiences and build and maintain rapport with others
- Strong problem-solving abilities and lateral thinking while still maintaining attention to detail
- Outstanding relationship management skills and can build trusting relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Be open to and contribute to the development of fresh new ideas
Mo te roopu | About the team
Business Information is a team of data specialists who collaborate and support each other to lead and safeguard practices around data and business information. Business Information is responsible for:
- Business reporting and analysis
- Providing responses to OIA's, Parliamentary Questions and Media requests
- Working with the business to ensure we have the information needed to drive better outcomes for tamariki, rangatahi and their whānau
Nou te rourou | What's in it for you
The opportunity to be part of a team where you will have the chance to provide data and reporting capability across Oranga Tamariki and gain experience with a modern Cloud platform Snowflake, and data integration tool Matillion.
Oranga Tamariki offer an impartial remuneration package, that offers progression annually for experience through tenure. Annual remuneration for this position starts between $71,616 and $79,574 dependant on experience.
In return we provide a fascinating and rewarding opportunity with flexible working arrangements and a committed team environment where we thrive to make a meaningful difference.
To see all the benefits of working for Oranga Tamariki, please visit https://mahi.orangatamariki.govt.nz/working-with-us/employee-benefits/
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
Apply online with your CV and Covering Letter. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please ensure you apply with a log in using your Oranga Tamariki email address.
If you have any questions about role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Application close date: Friday 9th December 2022
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Information / Records Management|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.