Senior Finance Business Analyst at Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Discover a career with purpose at MBIE
• Are you a talented and versatile Senior Finance Business Analyst?
• We’re looking for a self-driven Senior Finance Business Analyst to join our Finance + Performance Group (F+P) where you can showcase your excellent engagement and analytical skills
• Salary $112,856 - $138,028 with Kiwisaver and wellness benefits
• Permanent full time role Wellington based
• Career development opportunities
About the role:
The Senior Finance Business Analyst reports to the Manager Business Partnering Corporate within the Finance Business Partnering branch of Finance and Performance. The Senior Finance Business Analyst will support a customer-centric approach and work closely with multiple teams across the corporate business groups and liaise with wider MBIE areas. They will ensure accurate, high quality, financial and non-financial information is provided and clearly communicated to influence and support the needs, goals and requirements of decision makers.
The Finance Business Partnering branch, which sits within Finance and Performance, works in partnership with business groups, supporting them to deliver their services effectively and efficiently, allowing the Ministry to achieve its outcomes. The Finance Business Partnering branch is the conduit between Finance and Performance and the business groups.
• An opportunity for you to bring your expert business understanding and experience
• You will act as a trusted advisor to stakeholders on financial and non-financial matters
• You will support the Finance Business Partnering Corporate team to review business initiatives and monitor performance.
Why work for us:
MBIE is one of New Zealand's largest, most influential and most diverse public sector agencies. This means that we are able to offer significant opportunities for developing experience across a broad variety of areas.
We aim to create a culture where our people are empowered to bring fresh ideas and perspectives and to develop new approaches.
MBIE supports a range of flexible working arrangements including, and not limited to start and finish times. Talk to us about what works for you and us.
You will have the opportunity to work closely with Finance Business Partners within the team, as well as directly supporting some of our customers. We will also provide learning and development towards your CPD, and the potential to receive other training opportunities to progress your development. This is a role where you can grow your skillset towards your next step.
The F+P is on a journey to become a genuinely outstanding function that is recognised as such by its stakeholders. In this role you will help guide our direction as we continue on that journey.
Skills and experience required:
• Demonstrated problem analysis skills and sound judgement
• Previous public sector experience is preferred but not essential
• An ability to convey content in a jargon free way that engages and meets the needs of the audience
• The ability to quickly establish and build strong working relationships and to develop trust and credibility with senior managers, staff and key internal and external stakeholders
• A proactive, can-do attitude with a high level of initiative, sound judgement and discretion
• Exceptional teamwork and collaborative abilities and a willingness to share knowledge and expertise with others
• Highly developed communication and writing skills
• A strong customer focus
• Must be a New Zealand citizens or New Zealand permanent residents
MBIE's goal is to create a resilient and high-performing economy that delivers real and ongoing quality of life for all New Zealanders.
We do this by working with others to create an environment that supports businesses to be more productive and internationally competitive, enables all New Zealanders to participate in the economy through improved job opportunities and by working to ensure quality housing is more affordable.
People are at the heart of our mahi, our way of working is guided by our values which shape our behaviours.
- Mahi Tahi – Better Together
- Māia – Bold and brave
- Pae Kahurangi – Build our Future
- Pono Me Te Tika – Own It
Our aspirations are echoed in our Māori identity – Hīkina Whakatutuki – which broadly means ‘lifting to make successful'.
MBIE recognises the partnership founded under Te Tiriti o Waitangi between Māori and the Crown and is committed to giving effect to Te Tiriti o Waitangi. We will do this through enduring, meaningful and effective partnerships with iwi, Māori, other Māori groups/organisations and the Crown, as this is critical to enable economic and social development, both for Māori and for wider Aotearoa New Zealand. We are committed to continuing to partner with iwi in order to find new sustainable solutions to address long standing systemic and cross-cutting issues facing Māori and wider Aotearoa New Zealand and we are also committed to identifying opportunities for iwi to lead and creating an enabling environment for iwi to leverage these opportunities.
E mōhio ana a Hīkina Whakatutuki i puea ake te kōtuinga I waenganui i a ngāi Māori me te Karauna i Te Tiriti o Waitangi, ā, kei te whai ia ki te whakaū ake i Te Tiriti o Waitangi. Mā te whai kiko o ngā kōtuinga ahungaroa o ngāi wi, o ngāi Māori, me ētahi atu rōpū Māori ki te Karauna, katutuki tēnei. He āhuatanga nui tēnei e āhei ai ngā mahi whanaketanga ā-ohanga, ā-pāpori hoki ki a ngāi Māori me Aotearoa whānui. E whai tonu ana mātou ki te kōtui atu ki ngā iwi mō te rapu huarahi hou ki te whakaara i ngā kaupapakua roa nei e tāmi ana i a ngāi Māori me Aotearoa whānui, ā, e whai ana hoki ki te tautohu i ngā āheinga kōkiritanga mā ngā iwi, me te tautoko i ngā iwi kia whai mana ake ai ēnei āheinga.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Accounting & finance|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.