Traffic Camera Operator at NZ Police, Waikato
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
New Zealand Police is working with the community to make New Zealanders be safe and feel safe. With over 13,000 staff, we provide policing services 24 hours a day, every day. We operate by land, sea and air, manage over 860,000 emergency calls a year and are always actively preventing crime and crashes.
We’re working towards specific goals and targets that highlight our intent to work collaboratively with iwi and communities, other government sectors and business partners to deliver ‘Our Business’ and achieve long-term change.
Traffic Camera Operator
- Based at Hamilton
- Salary Starting at $57,083
- Shift work
- 18-month Fixed Term Opportunity
- Nationally Advertised Vacancy
About the role
This position covers an expansive geographical area and will require you to work independently.
You will be required to deploy and set up at pre-approved sites and operate specialised speed detection equipment and a laptop to carry out speed detection.
- Mobile Speed Camera Operation
- Testing speed cameras before deployment
- Operating the speed camera as per policy requirements
- Maintaining training in use of equipment
- Ensuring photographs are sent for processing within given timeframes
- Giving evidence in Court when hearings are required
- Monitoring sites and reporting any problems or faults
- Provide clerical support to the RP Prevention team
- Provide daily returns and correspondence as required
What you’ll bring
Being part of the Police whānau is about being our best to ensure our communities are safe and feel safe. Our Core Competencies provide a shared understanding of the behaviours, leadership and technical competence required for success at each level of Police. Whilst we are looking for skills, knowledge and experience relevant to the role, we also place high importance on your state of mind, the alignment of your values with ours, your ability to contribute to and build high performing teams, and the way that you lead yourself or others.
- Motivated and the ability to deal with challenging circumstances
- A sound knowledge of computer applications, in particular Microsoft suites
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Can follow standard operating procedures
- Supportive of one another - Supporting our colleagues across every function and level of Police.
- Must have a Full NZ Driver’s licence
- Must be able to drive a manual vehicle
- To apply for this role you must be a NZ or Australian Citizen or NZ permanent resident
- The successful applicant will be required to undergo a full reference and security check prior to any offer of employment being made
If you are an internal applicant, you must apply internally through the police system. You must provide an alternative contact email address.
This role is set at Individual Contributor level, this means your key purpose is “to deliver or enable others to deliver Our Business”.
We will ask you questions based on “How we will deliver Our Business – Core Competencies” and the appropriate role level, i.e. Individual Contributor. For more information on Our Core Competencies, please copy and paste this URL: https://www.police.govt.nz/sites/default/files/publications/core-competencies-how-we-will-deliver-our-business.pdf
These questions will be unique and specific to the role, focusing on the aspects the hiring manager believes are most important for that position at the time. For more information on Our Values, please copy and paste this URL: https://www.police.govt.nz/sites/default/files/publications/nzp-our-values.pdf
To view the position description for this role please copy and paste this link into a new browser:
Our mission is to prevent crime and harm through exceptional policing. Our vision is to be the safest country. Our purpose is to ensure everybody can be safe and feel safe.
Your wellbeing inside and outside of work is important to us. We’re open to discussing flexible working options that work for both you and the business.
For more information on the above, please copy and paste this URL: https://www.police.govt.nz/careers
How to apply
Please note: Applications submitted directly through the Government Jobs Website are no longer considered. Please visit our Police Careers page: https://career10.successfactors.com/career?company=nzpolice to apply for this position.
If this position sounds like you, click apply now. You will be required to submit an application form and a CV. Before confirmation of hire, pre-employment checks will be undertaken.
For further information on the application process, please copy and paste this URL: https://www.police.govt.nz/careers
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: 5pm Friday 9th December
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Police & emergency services|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.