Casual Registered Nurse | Chatham Islands | Christmas & New Year 2022-2023 at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitaha Canterbury, Chatham Islands
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Casual Registered Nurse position covering Christmas & New Year
- NZ Registered Nurse with current APC
- Experience working in a rural setting would be desirable
Mō te tūnga | About the role
This is a casual role based in the Chatham Islands to provide urgent relief cover over the upcoming Christmas and New year holidays.
- Chatham Islands Health Centre, we provide health care to the community and also to the visiting tourists who flock to indulge in the outdoors, conservation protected areas, new and preserved cultural and heritage landmarks
- You will be part of a small, yet close-knit team of nine, living in and serving a small rural community
- You will have the opportunity to be trained in phlebotomy x-rays and working as the first responders to accidents and injuries and triaging accordingly, PRIME training will be provided
- Adhere to guidelines of Cultural Safety and the Treaty of Waitangi
Ko wai koe | About You
Ideally you will be
an experienced Registered Nurse who is passionate about all aspects
of general medicine, with experience preferably in a rural setting.
also have a good sense of humour, a real desire to learn and a key understanding
of the importance to respect and acknowledge the social needs and backgrounds
of patients and their families/Whanau.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
- NZ Registered Nurse with current APC
- Whakawhanaungatanga (ability to forge and foster relationships)
- Whakamanaakitanga (ability to treat others with respect, encouragement and support)
- Whakakotahitanga (ability to work in your role and
actively participate and align this to our organisational values and
Mō mātou ' About us
From July this year the Canterbury DHB transitioned across to Te Whatu Ora - Health NZ. This is a great opportunity to make a difference at a time of significant change in the healthcare sector.
Waitaha Canterbury is considered a world leader in its people centred approach to health care. We have a unique one health system approach focused on providing "the right care and support, to the right person, at the right time and in the right place." We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 New Zealanders that live in the Canterbury region.
We are proud of how we do things. We have a way of working that we consider unique. It's about trying new things, listening to ideas from wherever they come from and working together as one. We are passionate about attracting, recruiting and retaining talented people ' become part of our team.
Ngā hua ' Benefits
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
Tono ināianei ' Apply Now
Applications are only accepted online so please visit our website at www.cdhbcareers.co.nz complete an application.
To find out more information, please contact Sally Lanauze, Nurse Manager at the Chatham Islands Health Centre Telephone: 03 3050 035 or Email: Sally.Lanauze@cdhb.health.nz
All other enquiries: Natalie Gaunt ' Recruitment Specialist ' Natalie.Gaunt@cdhb.health.nz
The role that you are applying for is one that may only be performed by a person who has been vaccinated against Covid-19. It is therefore a condition of this application that you are vaccinated against Covid-19. This vaccination requirement includes gaining Booster Doses required to perform your role under the Health Order. As a person working in the health and disability sector you will meet many people, some of whom may be vulnerable. Without a vaccine, there is the risk that you may contract Covid-19. The requirement to be vaccinated is to keep you safe and also to endeavour to protect others against the potential transmission of Covid-19 as a result of you contracting it in the course of your employment.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitaha Canterbury|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.