Social Worker Caregiver at Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Social Worker Caregiver
- Permanent, full time position based in Masterton
- Apply your skills to a role that makes a positive difference to the lives of tamariki
This role requires excellent assessment, communication and problem-solving skills, and the ability to work with Caregivers from all walks of life who have varied motivations for providing care. Supporting and valuing Caregivers is paramount, and you will put Caregivers at the centre of everything you do.
Mō mātou | About us
Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children has a commitment to putting tamariki and rangatahi at the heart of what we do. In our work, we aim to demonstrate these values:
- We put Tamariki first
- We believe Aroha is vital
- We respect the Mana of people
- We are Tika and Pono
- We value Whakapapa
- We recognise that Oranga is a journey
Our purpose is to ensure that all tamariki are in loving whānau and communities where oranga tamariki can be realised. We believe that by getting involved early in their lives and showing love and care, we give children the best chance of growing into happy thriving New Zealanders.
Mō te tūnga | About the role
The role of a Caregiver Social Worker is varied and rewarding. The needs of caregivers are being brought to the forefront of practice in recognition of the important role they play in the lives of tamariki. You will ensure our caregivers understand their part in a child's journey through care, are prepared with the skills and information they need to care and are supported to provide nurturing, safe and stable homes for tamariki.
This role requires excellent assessment, communication and problem-solving skills, and the ability to work with caregivers from all walks of life who have varied motivations for providing care. Supporting and valuing caregivers is paramount, and you will put caregivers at the centre of everything you do.
Collaborating with the child's Social Worker will be a key component of the role as you work together to provide great outcomes for tamariki who need caring for. You'll also be working with other agencies and providers to ensure the needs of our caregivers are met.
Our team works from a strengths-based perspective and we are fully committed to achieving positive change for the tamariki, whanau and caregivers. You will receive a full induction into the role, regular training and supervision, and the support of a strong peer and leadership group.
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu | What you will bring
Key requirements of the role include:
- Passion and vision for caregivers and what they need to succeed
- A recognised Social Work qualification by the Social Worker Registration Board (SWRB)
- Full registration with New Zealand's Social Worker Registration Board
- Demonstrated resilience, critical thinking and problem-solving techniques
- Understanding and appreciation of cross-cultural practices in particular; knowledge of tikanga Māori, and Pacific peoples' culture and demonstrating this in practice
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Well-developed analytical writing skills, and verbal communication skills
- A full, clean New Zealand's driver's licence
- Understanding and appreciation of cross-cultural practices in particular; knowledge of tikanga Māori, and Pacific peoples' culture
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
- A challenging, fascinating and rewarding career.
- On-going training and regular supervision.
- Colleagues who are committed to the highest standards of strengths-based social work.
Oranga Tamariki offer an impartial remuneration package, that offers progression annually for experience through tenure. Annual remuneration for this position is between $74,839.35 and $90,714.36 dependent on experience, with tenure-based progression steps available above this range. We offer a vibrant and supportive team, flexible work options and a genuine commitment to wellbeing. We offer significant training and professional development so that you can thrive and grow. We welcome diversity and are committed to working in an inclusive and respectful way. This is your opportunity to apply your skills and experience to the wellbeing of tamariki and rangatahi.
To see all the benefits of working for Oranga Tamariki, please visit https://mahi.orangatamariki.govt.nz/working-with-us/employee-benefits/
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
Apply online with your CV and Covering Letter. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please ensure you apply with a log in using your Oranga Tamariki email address. If you have any questions about role, please contact email@example.com.
Applications close: Friday 9th December 2022
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Social, welfare & community|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Caregiver Social Worker - Position Description.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.