Consultant Psychiatrist at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waikato, Waikato
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Where you’ll be working: Mental Health and Addictions Service
The details: Permanent - Hours per week (42.5) - Rostered (1.5)
Salary details: SMO MECCA
- Be part of the national transformation in Health
- Work alongside supportive and caring colleagues in close-knit teams.
- Opportunities for teaching, research and audit.
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
We are recruiting for Specialist trained Psychiatrists for the following Mental Health Services:
• Adult inpatient
• Community Alcohol and Drug
• Infant, Child and Adolescent
Be part of transforming Mental Health and Addictions Service to be fit for the future.
Click here to view the position description.
Mō tātou Ratonga | About our Service
A new-build adult inpatient facility is due to open in 2025, along with transformational change for the wider Mental Health and Addictions system. We offer you an opportunity to be at the forefront of innovation in mental health and addictions service delivery as well as a number of ongoing quality improvement initiatives.
We offer you
• A job where no two days are ever the same. You will see the full spectrum of psychiatry from enduring mental illness through to trauma, grief and distress across specialty services and age groups
• An excellent relocation and support package
• Supportive and caring colleagues within a close-knit team
• A commitment to continuing education and professional development
• Active peer review groups and a recognised training scheme for Fellow of the RANZCP
• The ability to contribute to systemic change
• Cultural training and support to work alongside Maori population
Mōu | About you
Required skills & experience you will need to be consider for this role:
• Knowledge and understanding of Te Tiriti o Waitangi
• A psychiatrist who is vocationally registered, or are eligible for vocational registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand
• Able to work within the specialties advertised, with advance certificate in the specialty an advantage
• Are versatile, flexible and have a passion for working as part of a team
• Are excited and willing to contribute to, and participate in change
• Are passionate about eliminating health inequities
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
Te iwi Ngakaunui – People at Heart
• Whakamana – Give and earn respect
• Whakaronga – Listen to me; Talk to me
• Mauri Pai – Fair play
• Whakapakari – Growing the good
• Kotahitanga – Stronger together
Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand and Te Aka Whai Ora - Māori Health Authority will together shape the delivery of Health services in Aotearoa New Zealand for generations to come, and will form the core of a modern and integrated service looking after the needs of all our Whānau.
We are dedicated to achieving health equity for Māori and other priority populations. We are a Crown entity and an active partner in Te Tiriti o Waitangi. Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand is guided by Te Tiriti o Waitangi and is committed to upholding the articles.
Here at Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, Waikato we have a team of 8,000 working across the Waikato where everyone plays a vital role in the care of our patients directly or non-directly. Our vision is Healthy People. Excellent Care.
Te Whatu Ora Waikato serves the largest Māori population and third largest Pacific population in Aotearoa New Zealand. Waikato Hospital in Hamilton is one of New Zealand’s largest tertiary, teaching hospitals with over 600 inpatient beds and 22 operating theatres. Clinical specialities include Women’s and Children Services, Cardiology / Cardiothoracic Surgery, Oncology and Haematology, Surgical services, and Mental Health and Addiction. Waikato Hospital is the Midland regional referral centre for multiple specialties including trauma surgery, oncology, and neurology.
We are a values-based and inclusive organisation that is committed to deliver the best health outcomes for our total population. Reflecting the population we serve is an important part of the care we deliver to the community. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds with the necessary capability and who share our values to apply. We proactively develop pathways that maximise opportunity for Māori and encourage Māori to apply.
He aha Waikato
Waikato is the fourth largest region in Aotearoa New Zealand and located just south of Tāmaki Makaurau Auckland. It features a wide range of world-class outdoor and cultural experiences. You can surf the world-famous beaches of Whāingaroa Raglan, swim at the beautiful beaches of the Kapanga Coromandel, hike our majestic mountain ranges, tour the Hobbiton shire, experience the magic of the Waitomo glow worm caves, and encounter a vast array of flora and fauna at the remarkable Maungatautari Ecological Reserve.
Waikato is the home of the Kiingitanga and rich in Māori culture. Waikato Hospital sits on whenua gifted by Waikato iwi, situated on the banks of the mighty Waikato Awa, Hamilton is New Zealand’s largest metropolitan inland city. Hamilton’s vibrant city centre and rich cultural mix makes it an ideal place to experience the authentic friendly Kiwi lifestyle.
Learn more about living in the mighty Waikato here
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
Please apply directly online, applications are not able to be accepted via email.
For any queries about the role please contact Kay Nisbet-Smith, Medical Staff Co-ordinator, Mental Health and Addictions Service email@example.com
Closing date: Open Until Filled
A national Vaccination Policy which includes COVID19 is under development. In the interim, a Health and Safety Risk Assessment against the requirements of the role will apply to unvaccinated candidates and employees and appropriate risk mitigation (e.g. extra PPE, RAT testing) may be taken as a result. Please note that when a Vaccination Policy is introduced it will apply to this role and need to be supported.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waikato|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.