Manager, Integrated Operations Centre at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Taranaki, Taranaki
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Manager, Integrated Operations Centre
Taranaki Base Hospital, New Plymouth
Fixed Term, Full Time
- Are you seeking a senior leadership role supporting change in an adaptive healthcare environment?
- Then take this key leadership opportunity.
New Plymouth was named the most liveable city, for a population between 75,000-150,000, by the International Awards for Liveable Communities
Taranaki boasts some of New Zealand’s most iconic natural landscapes like Mt Taranaki and many adventure activities. The rugged and wild coastline is home to more than 12 world-class surf breaks. Taranaki is a place where you can ski and surf in the same day. For a more relaxing experience, there are many walks (bush, coastal or mountain) as well as art trails, festivals and award-winning museums and galleries and a thriving café culture. Click here to read more information about Taranaki.
The Te Whatu Ora Taranaki is a large organisation operating in the exciting, changing Health sector to a population of 116,600 people. To hear more about our culture view the video on our careers page.
About the role
Reporting to the Interim Hospital Lead - this position will be responsible for the efficient and effective operational management of the Integrated Operations Centre (IOC) and Medical Management Unit.
Te Whatu Ora Taranaki strives to eliminate health inequalities and achieve health equity for the Taranaki population. In practical terms this means implementing relevant health equity policies, procedures, approaches and guidelines issued by Te Whatu Ora Taranaki.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Manage and lead people, systems, processes and resources that facilitate efficient and effective service delivery.
- Be accountable for business planning, financial, human resource management and budget
- Contribute to the development of the strategic direction for the IOC
- Lead the operational delivery of the safe staffing programme of work.
The successful person will have leadership and operational management expertise, with excellent interpersonal skills demonstrating an ability to deal with conflict. Listening and valuing the views of others will be important, as is the ability to cope in crisis situations both clinical and non-clinical.
To be successful it is important that you:
- Hold a current annual practising certificate with no restrictions which would affect the ability to perform the role.
- Have or are working towards a post graduate qualification in health management or other health qualification.
- Demonstrate change and/or project management qualification (desirable).
- Significant (more than 5 years) experience in a leadership/management role
Please click here to view the position description.
To make an application please click on “Apply Online” from within this advertisement.
Applications close Saturday 18 February 2023.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Taranaki|
|Position type:||Contract/Temp Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.