Rotational Occupational Therapist at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitematā, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
New Graduate Occupational Therapist Expression of Interest
Te Whatu Ora - Waitematā
Impressive graduate opportunity awaits you!
We are currently inviting expressions of interest from candidates completing their Bachelor’s qualification in Occupational Therapy in 2022, who are seeking opportunities to work at Te Whatu Ora – Waitematā for consideration for upcoming positions. This is a fantastic opportunity to start your career in a fast paced, fun and supportive learning environment. Come and be part of a team who focus on clinical excellence.
Working at Te Whatu Ora - Waitematā will provide a great start to your Occupational Therapy career. If you love the outdoors, close access to beaches, cafés, parks and transport links, then Te Whatu Ora - Waitematā is the ideal working location.
We have a lot to offer you:
- Opportunity to develop core Occupational Therapy skills through a rotational programme
- A hardworking, supportive and fun work environment
- Excellent support from our clinical coach and senior practitioners in all areas of practice
- Opportunities to develop your inpatient skills and knowledge in the acute and rehab settings.
- In-house career development with regular in-service training and education opportunities
- Weekly professional supervision for new graduates
- Work perks
The successful candidates will be able to work positively and proactively to provide client centred rehabilitation within the rotational programme. This programme gives you the opportunity to participate in a wide range of clinical settings to further develop your under graduate skills and competencies in Occupational Therapy assessment, treatment, rehabilitation and discharge planning.
You will have excellent communication skills and confidence working within a multi-disciplinary team using an interdisciplinary model to deliver high quality, effective services for our population.
We offer a two tier rotational scheme within Te Whatu Ora - Waitematā with the Core 1 positions currently based at North Shore Hospital, Waitakere Hospital, and Waiatarau.
Core 1 rotational positions are 6 months long and offer experience in:
- acute medical
- elective orthopaedics
- acute surgical
- Older Adult Assessment Treatment & Rehabilitation (AT&R)
- Inpatient Mental Health
Core 2 rotational positions are 12 months long and in addition to the above also offer experience in:
- Trauma Orthopaedics
- Acute Stroke/Neuro
- Neurological rehabilitation
What we are looking for in candidates:
- Demonstrates an understanding of the theoretical underpinnings of Occupational Thearpy and its application in practice
- Flexibility and a willingness to work across our different areas to meet service need
- Evidence of being a good team player with excellent communication skills
- Strong work ethic
Apply now and join Te Whatu Ora - Waitematā to make a positive difference
Please click here for position description
For specific queries regarding the nature of the role please contact Sarah Franks, Occupational Therapy Clinical Leader at firstname.lastname@example.org or Katrina Wallis, Professional Clinical Leader for Occupational Therapy at email@example.com
For general enquiries or assistance with your application please email Bairavi Thavarasa, Recruitment Consultant on Bairavi.Thavarasa@waitematadhb.govt.nz.
Closing Date : 9th February 2023
Job Number : EOIOT
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitematā|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.