Senior Data Analyst at Office of the Auditor-General, Wellington - Wairarapa
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Senior Data Analyst
Are you an experienced data professional who is motivated by the opportunity to influence the performance of the public sector?
The Office of the Auditor-General | Te Mana Arotake(the Office) is focused on enhancing its influence and impact on the public sector to deliver better results for New Zealand.
The Senior Data Analyst will be part of a team that works throughout the Office to generate greater insight and intelligence from the data and information we hold.
In this role, you'll lead and contribute to data and analytics projects to better understand the performance of the public sector. You'll be able to use a wide range of analytical methods and techniques to support the Office's research, performance audits, and other project work.
You'll build and maintain data assets and look at different ways we can use our data and technology to solve business problems.
We'll also need you to contribute to enhancing the data and analytics capability in the team and throughout the Office, including mentoring other Data Analysts.
As an excellent communicator, you'll be able to clearly and accurately set out the results of your data analysis, draw evidence-based conclusions, and make practical recommendations for improvements.
You'll also be a creative thinker who can develop innovative solutions while demonstrating a commitment to the quality and integrity of the Office's work.
To be successful, you will have:
- experience in data science, analysis, insight, or ETL roles;
- a successful track record in data management and using analytics methods and/or technologies to improve existing organisational processes;
- demonstrated ability to communicate innovative and complex issues simply, clearly, and effectively in different forums, including translating technical information for non-technical audiences, and excellent report-writing skills;
- strong self-management and interpersonal skills, and the ability to mentor and develop team members; and
- excellent analytical skills, including significant experience with one or more data analysis languages.
Ideally, you'll also know about:
- accounting, auditing, and assurance principles and their practical application;
- SQL or other popular analytical languages, such as python or R;
- the machinery of government; and
- popular data specialisms, such as text mining, predictive modelling, and machine learning.
- Learning and development opportunities in data science and people management.
- Flexible working.
- Health and well-being benefits.
What we stand for
People matter | Our independence is critical | We act with integrity and courage | We're here to make a difference
We have a diverse and inclusive team that helps us to understand the issues facing the public sector and how these affect the lives of New Zealanders. We strongly welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so that we can assist you through the recruitment process.
For more information, please contact Kavita Kumar at email@example.com.
To find out more about us, see our website: www.oag.parliament.nz.
You must apply online through jobs.govt.nz (you'll find the application form and position description there, too).
Applications close 29 January 2023
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Office of the Auditor-General|
|Location:||Wellington - Wairarapa|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||Senior Data Analyst JD.pdf (PDF, 552KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.