Registered Nurse - Opiate Substitution Treatment at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Taranaki, Taranaki
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Registered Nurse – Opiate Substitution Treatment
Taranaki Base Hospital New Plymouth
0.8 FTE (64 hours per fortnight)
- Are you an experienced Registered Nurse with previous AOD experience?
- Are you passionate about delivering a high-quality service?
- Do you want to work in a dynamic Opioid Substitution Treatment team
New Plymouth was named the most liveable city, for a population between 75,000-150,000, by the International Awards for Liveable Communities
Taranaki boasts some of New Zealand’s most iconic natural landscapes like Mt Taranaki and many adventure activities. The rugged and wild coastline is home to more than 12 world-class surf breaks. Taranaki is a place where you can ski and surf in the same day. For a more relaxing experience, there are many walks (bush, coastal or mountain) as well as art trails, festivals and award-winning museums and galleries and a thriving café culture. Click here to read more information about Taranaki.
The Te Whatu Ora Taranaki is a large organisation operating in the exciting, changing Health sector to a population of 116,600 people. To hear more about our culture view the video on our careers page.
About the role
We are seeking a suitably qualified and experienced Registered Nurse to work as part of our Opioid Substitution Treatment (OST) Team. Along with general OST case management you will undertake initial assessments and pre-treatment work-ups for whai ora referred to the OST team.
The multi-disciplinary Alcohol and Other Drug team works from a base site in New Plymouth and has satellite clinics in Waitara, Opunake, Hawera & Stratford.
The team provides a specialist service throughout Taranaki, for adults from the age of 18 years inclusive, who are experiencing problematic alcohol and/or substance abuse and dependency issues. The service is structured around a diverse multi-disciplinary team who provide 1-1 counselling, group therapy work, detoxification treatment and Opioid Substitution Treatment.
We will offer the successful candidate the opportunity to provide:
- assessment and specialised OST treatment in our busy community outpatient addiction service in New Plymouth to adults aged 18 years and over;
- quality, evidence based treatment in collaboration with people seeking support and the input of the wider multi disciplinary team;
- opportunity to work individually with service users and whanau, collaboratively with colleagues and travel to rural Taranaki to provide services in our satellite clinics.
To be successful you will have qualifications and experience:
- registration with NZ Nursing Council;
- ability to work under pressure, be a good team player and positively contribute to service delivery;
- be prepared to travel across Taranaki rohe to meet the needs of our people and have a willing, 'can do' attitude.
Click here to view the job description.
If you have any questions about this position please contact Gabby Ward (Team Leader, Alcohol and Drug Service) on Gabby.Ward@tdhb.org.nz
If you are interested in this position, please "Apply Online" from this page.
Applications close Friday 07 February 2023.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Taranaki|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.