Governance Advisor at Accident Compensation Corporation, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- 2x permanent roles, enjoy 9% superannuation contributions plus other benefits
- Join a highly motivated team & Manager, with plenty of opportunities to grow and develop
- Be our connection point for all things governance
ACC is an organisation that grew out of bold thinking and has an enduring commitment to care for others at work, home, and play. We offer hybrid working options, 9% employer superannuation contribution, career development opportunities within ACC, and many other employee benefits.
Our Governance function is establishing itself as a centre of excellence, working across the organisation to enhance ACC's governance and enable the best outcomes. Working with a refreshed Board, and with a new Manager, our team provides governance services to the Board, Executive and ACC, and corporate secretariat services to the Board, Board Committees and Executive, and governance advice to ACC teams.
We have 2 exciting opportunities to join us as a Governance Advisor. The roles are permanent, located in Wellington.
Mō tenei tūrana mahi | About this role
The Governance Advisor is a real connection point for all things governance across ACC. Some of the varied work you'll be doing includes:
- Providing executive and corporate secretariat support, ensuring that diaries, logistics, agendas, papers, templates, and any other resources are in place, look great, and work well
- Engaging and advising the Executive and attendees of Board and Executive meetings to ensure quality and timeliness of papers, and to support best practice governance and decision making
- Ensuring that action items from Board and Executive meetings are communicated to relevant teams and completed
- Providing high quality advice on ACC's governance framework, compliance policies and activities
- Provide advice that supports the management of Board and Executive meetings, governance processes and associated activities
- Proactively contribute and assist the Governance team to build and maintain a Centre of Excellence and look for opportunities to uplift ACC's governance practice and systems.
This role will require you to take a system wide perspective, and a creative and continuous improvement approach. Current processes and practices are organised so there is a strong foundation to work from. However, there is the opportunity to extend even further into looking at different ways of doing things, and to become a deeply trusted advisor across the business.
Ko wai koe | About you
You may be in a legal executive role and looking to develop in the Advisory space, or you may already be an Advisor wanting to gain experience in a large and complex organisation. You'll bring a relevant tertiary qualification (ideally a legal executive qualification or law degree) as well as experience working with and advising Boards or Executive teams within a government or corporate environment.
To be successful you'll be:
- Highly organised, detail oriented, and innovative in how you deliver services
- An excellent relationship builder, with strong interpersonal and communication skills and comfortable engaging at all levels
- A systems thinker who can connect the dots and engage across the business
- Able to spot or seek out opportunities to build efficiencies
- Pragmatic with strong problem-solving skills and solution orientated attitude.
We're a nimble, energetic, and creative team within an interesting organisation. We stay flexible and need someone who is willing to work on a broad range of governance matters.
Working at ACC:
We know that a diverse and inclusive team helps us meet the needs of our customers and we welcome candidates from every ethnicity, national origin, gender identity, age, and those with a disability or who have additional mental health needs. It is important to us that people are free to be themselves at work. Here are some ways we encourage that:
- Employee networks to support our colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
- The option to explore flexible working that suits your needs and ours.
- Development opportunities in te reo Māori me ngā tikanga.
The base salary range for this role is $69,795 - $98,535 with appointment depending on skills and experience. ACC also offers 9% superannuation.
For a detailed position description, please click here.
We are also advertising for a Corporate Secretary, see here.
Applications close Monday, 30 January 2023 and can only be accepted when submitted through our ACC Careers Website. If you would like further information about the role, please contact our Manager Governance - Jasmine.Tietjens@acc.co.nz. If you encounter accessibility issues when submitting your application, please contact HRHelp@acc.co.nz, with the word 'Recruitment' in the subject line.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Accident Compensation Corporation|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Boards and Governance|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.