Allied Health Professional OR Nurse - Mental Health - Westport at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Tai o Poutini West Coast, Buller and Northern Areas
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Permanent full-time and part-time roles based in Westport.
- NZ Registered Health professional with a Mental Health Scope of Practice & current Annual Practicing Certificate.
- 2 years experience within Specialist Mental Health
Ehara taku I toa takitahi engari, he toa takitini
My strength, is not the strength of one, it is the strength of many
Mō te tūnga - About the role
- Undertakes all components of case management, including: comprehensive assessment, risk assessment and management, recovery, and treatment planning
- Provides client-centred care, utilising evidence-based treatment strategies including, where appropriate, talking therapies
We are looking for a Registered Health professional with either a Nursing or Allied Health background, who has the clinical skills required to assist people with current or ongoing mental health problems and to maintain their place in the community. This role will be working within the community and within our integrated model of care.
Ko wai koe - About You
- Excellent assessment and communication skills
- Flexibility to work autonomously as well as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Understanding and application of the principles of the treaty of Waitangi, with a culturally safe and appropriate approach to practice
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- A strong understanding of Māori health inequity and Māori population need
- Understanding of contemporary approaches to mental health and wellbeing
- NZ Registered Health professional as a Nurse, Social Worker, Occupational Therapist, Psychologist or Physiotherapist.
Mō mātou - About us
From July this year the West Coast DHB transitioned across to Te Whatu Ora - Health NZ. This is a great opportunity to make a difference at a time of significant change in the healthcare sector.
Te Tai o Poutini West Coast we are proud of how we do things. We have a way of working that we consider unique. It's about trying new things, listening to ideas from wherever they come from and working together as one.
We are passionate about attracting, recruiting and retaining talented people - become part of our team.
Ngā hua - Benefits
Being part of the Te Tai o Poutini West Coast, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
Tono ināianei - Apply Now
Applications are only accepted online so please visit our website at www.cdhbcareers.co.nz complete an application.
Enquiries: Daniel Bonnett - Recruitment Specialist - Daniel.Bonnett@cdhb.health.nz
The role that you are applying for is one that may only be performed by a person who has been vaccinated against Covid-19. It is therefore a condition of this application that you are vaccinated against Covid-19. This vaccination requirement includes gaining Booster Doses required to perform your role under the Health Order. As a person working in the health and disability sector you will meet many people, some of whom may be vulnerable. Without a vaccine, there is the risk that you may contract Covid-19. The requirement to be vaccinated is to keep you safe and also to endeavour to protect others against the potential transmission of Covid-19 as a result of you contracting it in the course of your employment.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Tai o Poutini West Coast|
|Location:||Buller and Northern Areas|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.