Scientific Unit Manager at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitematā, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Scientific Unit Manager
Full-time permanent role
Monday to Friday
Waitematā District Surgical Pathology Unit provides the histology and cytology services to both North Shore and Waitakere Hospitals as well as providing pathology services to BreastScreen Waitemata Northland and BreastScreen Auckland Central. We are looking for a highly motivated, experienced scientist who is willing to lead a team of scientific, technical and dissection staff.
Our IANZ accredited, well equipped laboratory processes approximately 56,000 specimens from 30,000 patients per year from a wide range of specialities. Our cytology service includes rapid on-site examination (ROSE) at multiple clinics within North Shore Hospital and a high number of procedures performed in radiology. Our histology service includes routine histological preparations, special stains, immunohistochemistry and frozen sections.
The role provides daily management of scientific and technical staff, maintenance of equipment, facilities and supplies. Oversee all functionality of the histology section and ensure the surgical pathology laboratory provides a service to the highest quality standards.
To be successful in the role you will have:
• Current Annual Practising Certificate
• Proven management and leadership experience in surgical pathology
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in a senior/supervisory role at Section Lead level or equivalent
• Well-developed time management
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Operational knowledge of medical histology laboratory including the application of ISO 15189 standards and good laboratory practice
• Strong competencies in managing staff and department resources
• Flexibility to suit service demands
• Previous experience with laboratory based computer systems
• Ability to contribute to quality improvement initiatives within the department
• Ability to work collaboratively with a broad range of staff
To view the position description, please click here
For any questions please contact Rachel Petrich, Unit Manager, 021 649 798.
Closing date: 3 February 2023
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitematā|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.