Health & Safety Advisor at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitaha Canterbury, Christchurch
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mō mātou | About Us
We are committed to honouring Te Tiriti o Waitangi and its principles by ensuring our partnership with Māori are at the forefront of all our conversations. We believe in improving, promoting, and protecting the health and well-being of the Waitaha Canterbury and Te Tai o Poutini West Coast community.
The culture at Te Whatu Ora, Health New Zealand, is driven by our ā Mātou Uara (Our Value - - - - - - - s):
- Care and respect for others - Manaaki me te whakaute i te tangata.
- Integrity in all we do - Hāpai i ā mātou mahi katoa i runga i te pono.
- Responsibility for outcomes - Te Takohanga i ngā hua
Mō te tūnga | About the role
This Health and Safety Advisor role is part of the People and Capability Department, which is all about putting people at the centre of everything we do, making the world of work, work better for our kaimahi (staff) at Te Whatu Ora | Waitaha, Canterbury.
We are on a journey to deliver a future focussed people strategy which improves the work experience of our people. We know that if work works better, care for our customers works better.
Our Wellbeing, Health & Safety Team is at the heart of making sure that our workforce is healthy, safe and well. This is a great opportunity to join us and be part of a team that believes in prioritising the wellbeing of our staff.
The Health and Safety Advisor will be involved in key programmes of work, while ensuring a successful outcome for all stakeholders. You will be involved in building relationships with key senior stakeholders within our clinical and non-clinical departments. This role will be working very closely with the Facilities Department who are responsible for construction and refurbishments across all DHB facilities. As a Health and Safety Advisor, you will work alongside project managers and contractors to ensure that projects operate according to the required guidelines and processes.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Providing Health and Safety technical advice and guidance to support managers and staff
- Risk assessment and supporting the Risk Register development
- Contributing to the implementation of Health and Safety initiatives and critical risk programmes such as contractor safety management
- Reporting and monitoring of safety events, concerns as well as action completions and quality of reports
- Collaborate with the Patient Quality and Security teams to ensure all health and safety events are captured and investigated as required
- Encourage and facilitate Worker Engagement Participation and Representation as well as oversee the Health and Safety Committees
- Design and delivery of health and safety related training
- Serious Event Response and Investigations and supporting managers through this process
Ko wai koe | About You
We are looking for someone who has strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with senior stakeholders. This role will be part of a close-knit team, which requires you to work collaboratively as well as being autonomous. This role would suit someone who is innovative, yet pragmatic and has the ability to work in a changing environment.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
Your skills will include:
- Level 6 qualification or equivalent in health and safety
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and audit standards
- Experience in training, facilitating and presenting to large groups
- Experience conducting and facilitating risk assessment
- Coaching of team members and managers in Health and Safety matters
- Experience in safety event investigation and casual analysis
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Time management skills
- Analytical and ability to work with complex information
- Microsoft Office Skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Being part of the Te Whatu Ora our people enjoy access to, flexible working arrangements and a genuine and ongoing focus on career development.
Te Whatu Ora, Health New Zealand believes that diversity and inclusion is key to ensure we deliver the best care for our diverse population. As an organisation we are inclusive and equal opportunity employer that welcomes and respects everyone.
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
Only applications submitted via our career site will be accepted, therefore apply directly on our career site here. Please visit our careers website for other roles and find your ideal fit within Te Whatu Ora, Health New Zealand.
The Future of the Health Industry
The role that you are applying for is one that may only be performed by a person who has been vaccinated against Covid-19. It is therefore a condition of this application that you are vaccinated against Covid-19. As a person working in the health and disability sector you will come into contact with a large number of people, some of whom may be vulnerable. Without a vaccine, there is the risk that you may contract Covid-19. The requirement to be vaccinated is to keep you safe and also to endeavour to protect others against the potential transmission of Covid-19 as a result of you contracting it in the course of your employment.
Nau mai, haere mai, tauti mai!
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitaha Canterbury|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.