Purchasing and Payments Advisor at Department of Internal Affairs, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Type: Fixed Term for 12 months
Hours: Full time
Business Group: Finance
Branch: Organisational Capability an'd Services
Salary: $49,317 - $66,723
Purchasing & Payables Advisor/s
We are looking for an experienced accounts payable/purchasing officers (fixed term for 12 months) to provide efficient, effective, and responsive accounts payable processing services. This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a supportive, team focused environment.
You will be responsible for:
- Accurately prepare invoices and credits for entry and payment
- Data entry of local and overseas supply invoices, process manual payments and match to invoice
- Manage the Accounts payable Inbox efficiently and deal with enquiries on a timely basis.
- Process sensitive invoices, investigate and resolve invoice errors on a timely basis.
- Processing of invoice interface files
- Manage the invoice scanning process, including resolving scan quality issues to ensure completeness of processing.
- Process payment runs and arrange overseas payments, performing supplier account reconciliations and maintaining accounts payable files and records.
- Create purchase orders and resolve purchase order queries
- Process expense claims and resolve associated queries
We need someone who has:
- Proven experience in providing efficient and effective accounts receivable services to a team, preferably within the public sector.
- Prior experience building and maintaining strong and effective working relationships.
- Demonstrated experience managing high volumes of work within tight time frames, to required quality standards.
- Proficiency in working with financial information.
- Basic knowledge of planning and reporting processes
- Possess judgment, tact, confidentiality, and integrity when dealing with sensitive issues.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Business Administration Diploma (or similar) or equivalent work experience
Applications close: 5pm, 27 January 2023
For more information please contact: Sandra Williams, Sandra.Williams@dia.govt.nz
Job description: To review t'he full job description, please click here
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Department of Internal Affairs|
|Position type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Category:||Accounting & finance|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.