Assets and Contracts Analyst at Ministry of Foreign Affairs & Trade, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
The Ministry acts in the world to build a safer, more prosperous and more sustainable future for New Zealanders.
Kia hangai ake e te Manatu he ao-haumaru, ao-tonui, ao-pumau, ki te oranga tonutanga mo Aotearoa whanui.
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
A key position within the Security and Resilience Operations team, our Assets and Contracts Analyst provides confidence in forecasting our future asset management needs by ensuring that the data on our security asset base is coherent and current, and that contracts can be tracked and measured.
- Maintain a full register of security assets to ensure our programmes are well informed by accurate data
- Ensure that clear, agreed, funded maintenance plans are in place for all security assets
- Review quotes and Statements of Work, analyse execution of contracts, and provide reporting on contract delivery
- Maintain financial records across the Security and Organisational Resilience Division budget
The appointment range for this role is $57,983 to $64,426 total remuneration including employer contribution to kiwisaver – negotiable depending on experience.
Mā wai te mahi nei? – Who are we looking for?
- Strong, established administration experience in assets, contracts or finance areas or a relevant tertiary qualification
- Passion for data and spreadsheets, and confidence with Excel
- Drive and resilience to deliver sustainable high performance
- Exposure to risk management would be helpful
- Discretion, integrity and an ethical approach
- Sound understanding of tikanga and Te Tiriti o Waitangi principles
Ngā hua o te mahi i te Manatū Aorere - Why MFAT?
We are committed to a focus on leadership, talent, training and development, and flexible work options. Check out our benefits page to find out more about why we love working here.
We are also working to grow the diversity of our workforce and the inclusive nature of our workplace. Click on our diversity and inclusion page to find out more.
Mō mātou - About us
Our people represent New Zealand on and offshore, and in doing so make New Zealanders safer and more prosperous. By building connections with and influencing other countries and international institutions, we advance New Zealand’s interests and pursue New Zealand's values. We provide advice to the Government on the implications for New Zealand of what is happening in the world.
This is not a Foreign Policy/diplomatic role. This is a ‘Corporate’ role (known here as a Specialist role) based in central Wellington, NZ.
While it is not usual for specialist staff to be ‘posted’ outside of NZ, from time to time a specialist role overseas becomes available at one of our embassies, high commissions, missions or consulates. To be considered for one of these positions you will need to apply and be considered via a competitive recruitment process.
If you have an interest in an MFAT foreign policy career you will be welcome to apply for this either via our graduate recruitment or mid-level foreign policy recruitment campaigns.
Me pēhea te tuku tono - To Apply/Interested?
Apply today with your CV and cover letter.
For a copy of the position description please click here
For a confidential discussion about this role please call Jeff McDonald on 021 846 312.
You must be a New Zealand Citizen or Permanent Resident and able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret NZ Government Security clearance.
Use this online tool to self-check your eligibility for a Top Secret security clearance. Please note that this tool is not part of the formal security clearance process:
Applications close at midnight on Tuesday 31 January 2023.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry of Foreign Affairs & Trade|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.