Principal Advisor Planning Performance and Support at Department of Internal Affairs, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Hours: Full time
Business Group: Planning Performance and Support
Branch: Digital Public Service
Salary: $127,711 - $146,868
- Opportunity to drive outcomes in a fast paced and dynamic environment where the work you do truly impacts!
- Join a supportive, inclusive team and workplace culture
In a field where the pace of change is rapid, the Digital Public Service | Te Kōtui Whitiwhiti branch works with and through agencies to drive and deliver a customer-centred digital government. We are transforming the way we work to build on our knowledge and ultimately create an environment that responds quickly to meet the needs of a faster, agile, and inclusive digital government service.
Playing a key role in supporting the Government Chief Digital Officer and the Strategy for the Digital Public Service, we are looking for talent who can work collaboratively to leverage our people and technology, to improve and drive for a unified digital public service for all New Zealanders. More information on our work programmes can be found here: https://www.digital.govt.nz/digital-government/strategy/
About the role:
As a Principal Advisor you will put your expert conceptual thinking and problem solving skills into practice as part of branch work planning and performance, corporate accountability activities, international and ministerial stakeholder services, and driving core internal pieces of work.
Your advice will support senior leadership decision-making and help enable the work of the branch to be efficient, visible, and aligned.
You will also get to work with a really great group of people who will foster your talents as part of a diverse team, and be involved in some incredibly interesting mahi.
To be successful in the role you will have:
- A passion for delivering, and for providing excellent customer service
- Top notch communication and interpersonal skills; and be adept at managing relationships with senior stakeholders, working across agencies, and with Ministers
- Demonstrated ability to operate at a senior level of strategy, planning, and reporting; and work well as part of a team
- Proven experience providing strategic advice to government stakeholders, and working in the digital services field
- In-depth knowledge of governance frameworks, planning processes, and machinery of government processes
This role will suit a sharp-thinking and skilled Principal Advisor who knows how to add value from day one. Working within a dynamic environment, experience with complex subject matter and establishing and fostering relationships will be a bonus here. You will need to demonstrate the ability to lead and manage a range of activities, to quality standard, both face-to-face and virtually.
What we offer:
- Exposure across government agencies with value-driven work
- The ongoing support of teams within the branch to encourage diversity of thought, challenge the status quo, and facilitate knowledge sharing
- A range of benefits including access to discounted healthcare, subsided school holiday programmes, allowance for vision and hearing care, with a variety of social committee and networks available
We offer a culture where our people are committed to creating a working environment that is inclusive and encourages talent and potential to thrive. We strongly believe in work-life balance and this is practiced with a range of flexible work options and wellbeing initiatives - just talk to us about what works for you.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We recognise a diverse workforce contributes to better business outcomes. We are committed to creating a workplace where all employees have equal access.
Applications close: 5pm, Sunday, 12 February 2023.
For more information please contact: Christie Casserly, Christie.Casserly@dia.govt.nz
Job description: To review the full job descri'ption, please click here. If you are unable to follow the link, please review the full job description on our careers website.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Department of Internal Affairs|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.