Community Occupational Therapist at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Nelson Marlborough, Nelson Hospital
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Te Whatu Ora Health New Zealand (Nelson Marlborough) formally NMDHB
Nelson / Tasman Community
- Permanent 0.7FTE position working 56 hours a fortnight
- Join an experienced
multi-disciplinary team supporting clients in the community
Ngā mōhiohio e pā ana ki tēnei mahi (About this position)
We are a proactive team of occupational
therapists providing the highest standard of care for our patients. We pride
ourselves on being friendly and supportive, and work in a busy inter-disciplinary
environment focusing on promoting, encouraging and enabling the health,
well-being and independence of the people in our community.
This position is within the general community working with clients, including equipment and housing needs.
The hours for this role are 56 hours per fortnight working rostered and rotating shifts Monday - Friday.
Ko wai he kaitono tōtika? (Who is an appropriate applicant?)
You will have at least two years
post-qualification experience, NZ registration in Occupational Therapy, a
current practicing certificate and a range of generalist and specialist skills.
Additionally, you will bring the following:
- Comprehensive clinical assessment and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to work autonomously and collaboratively, to develop positive interpersonal relationships, and work flexibly within the inter-disciplinary team, with a team player attitude.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong clinical reasoning skills and use of evidence informed practice.
- Effective time management and organisational skills.
- Strong prioritisation skills and experience with complex discharge planning.
- Full clean drivers' licence.
- Complex Housing and Level 1 Wheelchair Enable accreditation are preferred, but not essential as support to complete the accreditation process will be given to the successful candidate.
You will also be adaptable to change,
resourceful and flexible to service needs, and will have a genuine passion for
working with patients in the community on their health journey. If this sounds like you,
we welcome your application.
Te Whatu Ora staff must have completed their primary course of NZ approved COVID-19 vaccines as they have direct contact with patients and members of the public.
Me pēhea ahau e tono ai? (How do I apply?)
For general enquiries please contact
our recruitment team on email@example.com or 03 546 1274.
For role specific information please contact Diane Scott via Diane.Scott@nmdhb.govt.nz
Apply now, it - s easy. Please
fill in our online application form.
Applications close: 11 February 2023
Te Whatu Ora strongly endorses Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
We believe that to achieve equity in health outcomes for Māori we need a workforce reflective of the population it serves. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who identify as Māori and we recruit for cultural competence.
He waka eke noa. We are all in this together.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Nelson Marlborough|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.