Senior Occupational Therapist (Full Time) Child Development Team, Te Whatu Ora at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Counties Manukau, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Remuneration as per PSA Allied Health MECA guidelines (between 9 $87,192 - 12 $98,499)
- Flexible working, including working from home
- Commitment to your professional development
- Highly supportive and learning team environment
The Kidz First Child Development Team (CDT) currently has a vacancy for a Senior Occupational Therapist, based at Kidz First Community Health in Manukau, South Auckland. You will be supported by the Advanced Clinician, Professional Leader and Team Leader. The team environment is fun, yet goal orientated. Our team support a high Maaori and Pacifica population and would welcome applicants from these communities as well.
In this role, you will work with a paediatric population (2 ½ years-16) with a range of diagnoses including, but not limited to, cerebral palsy, autism global developmental delay, muscular dystrophy, chromosomal abnormities and spina bifida. We also provide therapy for children with a neurodevelopmental diagnosis.
The service involves predominantly home visits with some work in clinic settings, tele- health and opportunities for groups. You will assess, diagnose and treat patients accordingly.
As a senior occupational therapist, you will support children by assessing and providing treatment to improve their fine motor and self-care abilities as well as improve functional performance in their home environment through housing modifications and equipment prescriptions.
You will work in partnership with the patient, whaanau and other healthcare providers (e.g Physiotherapist, Speech Language therapist; nurses) in order to assess, plan, deliver and evaluate outcomes of care.
The preferred candidate will be someone who is an excellent communicator whilst honouring cultural diversity. An ability to effectively organise your caseload, whilst prioritising tasks, would be imperative in order to be successful in this role.
- Registration with the Occupational Therapy Board of New Zealand and up to date Annual Practicing Certificate
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as an occupational therapist
- A full, clean NZ driver’s licence
- Wheeled mobility and postural management Level 1
- Complex housing modifications accreditation
What's in it for you?
- A great learning environment where you will continue to grow and be challenged
- Fantastic culture and team environment
- Refund of your annual practising certificate cost
- Onsite professional development sessions
- Generous study allowance on top of mandatory training
- Discounted services as part of our work perks
For more information please contact Amy Lin in the Recruitment Centre on 09 276 0044 ext. 58680 or email@example.com.
Applications Close: 21 February 2023
Job Number: CMH202310218
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Counties Manukau|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.