Injury Prevention Partner at Accident Compensation Corporation, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Contribute to strengthening health system safety for patients and the health workforce in New Zealand
- Commission injury prevention products and programmes, with a focus on maternity safety in the first instance
- Use your knowledge of the health sector to drive systems change
- Permanent role based in Wellington
Our purpose at ACC is to improve lives every day. It's to put our customers first, showing them manaakitanga and supporting their wellbeing. It's to enable everyone in Aotearoa the freedom to live their lives knowing that if they need us, we'll be there.
In this role, you will be utilizing injury surveillance information and designing, managing, and continuously improving ACC's way of working with the health sector on health system safety, to reduce preventable harm to patients and the health workforce. Together we'll achieve systems change.
ACC's Injury Prevention Programmes are part of inter-agency efforts that are making great progress in reducing New Zealand's injury rate. As an Injury Prevention Partner in the Treatment Safety Team, you will be responsible for collaborating with a range of internal and external stakeholders, health professionals and health providers, codesigning, developing, delivering, monitoring, and evaluating a range of injury prevention products and programmes. The scope of the work is broad and has cross overs with several disciplines and agencies, so requires a multidisciplinary, multiagency approach.
Reducing the incidence and severity of injuries is a strategic priority for ACC and one of the many ways we help to improve lives every day. Our vision is to create a unique partnership with every New Zealander, improving their quality of life by minimising the incidence and impact of injury. ACC is shifting the ways we work with New Zealanders to deliver meaningful support and guidance in the prevention, care and recovery from injury.
As an Injury Prevention Partner in Treatment Safety; your experience of working in the heath sector is valuable. You will be able to bring your understanding to inform meaningful discussions and actions, engaging and leading stakeholder relationships to further the insights required to deliver value to users of our products and services, and prevent treatment injuries.
To be successful in this role, you'll need:
- Experience within the health sector, women's health experience is preferred - either hospital, community, or primary healthcare
- Understanding of system safety principles, strategies, and intervention options.
- Understanding complexity, systems issues and systems change.
- A collaborative approach to designing effective, sustainable product / programmes and monitoring outcomes.
- Experience of influencing and interacting with diverse stakeholders at different levels.
- Ability to work autonomously but also be an active member of a cross functional team.
- An agile and innovative mind-set.
- Networks and familiarity with navigating the intricacies and sensitivities involved with work in the health system.
Benefits of working at ACC:
- Salary range $95,500k - $134,823 plus a generous 9% superannuation contribution.
- Supportive leader who cares about your career development and progression within a dynamic organisation.
- The opportunity to contribute to the development and delivery of ACC's Injury Prevention Strategy.
Working at ACC:
We know that a diverse and inclusive team helps us meet the needs of our customers, and we welcome candidates from every ethnicity, national origin, gender identity, age, and those with a disability or who have additional mental health needs. It is important to us that people are free to be themselves at work. Here are some ways we encourage that:
- Employee networks to support our colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
- The option to explore flexible working that suits your needs and ours.
- Development opportunities in te reo Māori me ngā tikanga.
For a detailed position description click Position Description.pdf. Applications will run through to 30th January 2023, please note that if an ideal candidate is found during this time we will move forward with screening and interviewing sooner.
Please attach your cover letter telling us why you would be a great fit and what strengths you would bring to the role. Applications can only be accepted when submitted through our ACC Career Website. If you encounter accessibility issues when submitting your application, or if you have any questions about the role, please email email@example.com
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Accident Compensation Corporation|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.