Specialist Cardiac Physiologist at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitaha Canterbury, Christchurch
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Permanent full time 40 hour per week opportunity.
- Experienced in cardiac devices and/or electrophysiology?
- Perform complex clinical procedures and develop departmental skills and standards
What do we do?
As a Specialist Cardiac Physiologist, you will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team in a tertiary hospital which is the electrophysiology and ICD centre for the South Island of New Zealand. Our team completes all electrophysiology procedures for the South Island, and is involved in some early innovative device trials. We travel to the West Coast to cover both pacing and echo clinics regularly as well as covering Kaikoura and Ashburton within the Canterbury area. You will be working alongside an experienced and knowledgeable team to nurture a theoretical understanding and practical competency across the Cardiac Physiologist scope of practice.
Opportunity for full or part time permanent role.
Where will you fit in?
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Specialising in EP and/or pacing & ICD follow up
- Be well prepared and organised for procedures and consistently produce good quality results
- Demonstrate specialist technical knowledge in area of speciality
- Observe professional ethics and demonstrate professional responsibility and accountability
- Provide specialised training of qualified staff in advanced techniques
- Assist with lecture programmes within the department and around the hospital
- Independently present &/or publish at a national level
- Contribute to profession through clinical audit/research/quality improvement at local & regional levels
- Provide clinical consultation to other members of the team
- Contribute to development of clinical policies, protocols & guidelines locally & regionally Maintain skill levels by reading current clinical articles & attending training programmes
Your skills and experience will include;
- BSC with major in physiology or equivalent
- 6 years in the area of specialty with appropriate post graduate exams.
- The ability to work within a multidisciplinary team, following the guidance of supervising staff and taking advantage of learning opportunities presented;
Mō mātou | About Us
- Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi - Putting people at the heart of all we do -
Te Whatu Ora, Health New Zealand, leads the day-to-day running of our health system across New Zealand, with functions delivered at local, district, regional and national levels. It weaves the functions of the 20 former District Health Boards into its regional divisions and district offices, ensuring continuity of services in the health system.
Here in Waitaha, Canterbury we deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury region. We are committed to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and its principles by ensuring our partnership with Māori are at the forefront of all our conversations.
Ngā hua | Benefits of working at Te Whatu Ora [Health New Zealand]
When you work at the Te Whatu Ora, you are part of a wider whānau that will support you along your journey. We offer great coaching, mentoring and learning outcomes for all staff. We are always improving our facilities across all campuses and have amazing discounts from select retailers, restaurants and business.
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
We have a range of clinical and non-clinical roles at Health New Zealand, there could be a place for you!
Please visit our careers website for other roles and find your ideal fit within Health New Zealand.
The Future of the Health Industry
The role that you are applying for is one that may only be performed by a person who has been vaccinated against Covid-19. It is therefore a condition of this application that you are vaccinated against Covid-19. As a person working in the health and disability sector you will come into contact with a large number of people, some of whom may be vulnerable. Without a vaccine, there is the risk that you may contract Covid-19. The requirement to be vaccinated is to keep you safe and also to endeavour to protect others against the potential transmission of Covid-19 as a result of you contracting it in the course of your employment.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Waitaha Canterbury|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.