Clinical Nurse Manager - PMS (Child Health) at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Toka Tumai Auckland, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Are you looking to develop your clinical leadership and operational management skills?
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
At Te Toka Tumai | Auckland Hospital we are committed to upholding Te Tiriti o Waitangi and providing culturally safe care. We value role modelling manaakitanga as demonstrated by Ngāti Whātua in the gifting of their whenua on which our hospitals stand. We aspire to having a workforce reflective of the communities we serve and achieving equitable outcomes for all.
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
We have a clinical leadership career pathway opportunity for you
This is a great opportunity for a Registered Nurse to join our 24/7 Hospital Functioning team as a Clinical Nurse Manager to support children, their families and our team at Starship Children's Hospital.
Do you already possess or wish to develop?
- Critical thinking skills
- Decision making skills utilising data
- People and resource management
- Clinical assessment skills and clinical support provision
- Broader knowledge of Starship Hospital
- Policies and procedure expertise
- Confidence in dealing with challenging situations
- Ability to thrive in fast paced, autonomous yet collaborative leadership role
- Networking particularly with other senior nurses such as Charge Nurses and Nurse Unit Managers
- Reporting skills on hospital status and resource utilisation
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
- A current Annual Practicing Certificate
- A minimum of 5 years paediatric clinical practice experience in a Child Health tertiary setting
- Strong clinical background and expertise - variety of experience
- The ability to work collaboratively and autonomously - whilst keeping calm under pressure.
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here
We recognise there is more to life than mahi | work, and we encourage and provide access to all our staff several services and benefits to support themselves whilst they are employed within Te Toka Tumai | Auckland Hospital.
We see this role as an incredible development opportunity for nurses already working at the top of their scope and will support successful applicants with a comprehensive orientation and induction.
This is a fully rostered and rotating 12 hours shift Monday to Sunday position
- Passionate and committed to working with children and families
- Collaborative in teamwork with Nursing, Medical and Allied Health professionals
- Leadership focused with skill capability through role modelling excellence
- Clinical excellence
- Welcoming, friendly and approachable
- Committed to - Clinical Coaching, excellent problem-solving skills and a proven ability to manage complex problem, understanding of cultural diversity, efficiency with workload prioritisation, time efficiency and clinical excellence.
To view the full position description, please click here
For more information on what we offer, please click here.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
Please ‘apply now’ below or visit our careers page http://www.careers.adhb.govt.nz/ using job reference number ADHB16796 and attach a copy of your CV and Cover Letter.
Due to mandatory statutory declaration, applications will not be received in any other way.
If you would like to have a confidential chat or for more information about the role, please contact Lara Young via email on LKruszewski@adhb.govt.nz
For help if you have issues with online application, please email Candida Hall, Recruitment Consultant at CandidaH@adhb.govt.nz
Auckland DHB is committed to the application of the Vulnerable Children Act 2014 and its intent to improve the safety of all children. This position is a Children's Worker as defined by the Act.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Toka Tumai Auckland|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.