Nurse Specialist - Paediatric Diabetes and Endocrine service at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Toka Tumai Auckland, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Nurse Specialist – Paediatric Diabetes and Endocrine Service, Starship Child Health
- Senior Nursing Leadership Opportunity
- New Zealand’s premier children’s hospital
- Fixed term (1 year), Part-time (0.5FTE) position
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
The Paediatric Diabetes Service is a busy, fast paced multi disciplinary service providing predominantly community based care to whānau across the Auckland region. The service cares for tamariki with both newly diagnosed and existing diabetes, type 1 and type 2. All clinics are multidisciplinary staffed by paediatric endocrinologists, doctors-in-training (fellows or registrars), nurse specialists and allied health staff.
The Paediatric Diabetes Nurse Specialist utilise their extensive knowledge around caring for patients and their families to provide comprehensive case management. They grow expert knowledge on Diabetes and how this impacts our patients. The Nurse Specialist plays a key part in education delivery to patients, their GPs, carers, family and liaises with other DHBs, facilities and agencies to coordinate optimum care. The Paediatric Diabetes Nurse Specialist also supports schools to ensure that diabetes does not become a barrier to a full and happy life.
For all aspects of this role and experience/knowledge required please see the position description.
To know more about the role or to have a confidential chat before applying , please contact Helen Waldron, Nurse Unit Manager –Medical, Starship Child Health on + 6421 706 037.
Ko wai mātou | Who are we
Te Toka Tumai Auckland is part of Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, the overarching organisation for New Zealand’s National Health Service. We provide health and disability services to more than half a million people living in central Auckland, regional services for Northland and greater Auckland, and specialist national services for the whole of New Zealand. Our main sites are Auckland City Hospital, Greenlane Clinical Centre and Starship Children’s Hospital, located in central Auckland.
Starship Child Health is a dedicated paediatric healthcare service and major teaching centre, providing family centred care to neonates, children and young people throughout New Zealand and the South Pacific. Starship is a part of Te Toka Tumai Auckland and is the only comprehensive children’s hospital in New Zealand serving a population of approximately 1 million children. Auckland City Hospital is NZ’s largest public tertiary hospital which has strong ties with University of Auckland and provides extensive teaching and training opportunities.
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
To be successful you will:
- Be an experienced Paediatric registered nurse and will either have or be eligible for registration with NZ Nursing Council.
- Have proficient or expert level Professional Development Recognition Programme (PDRP) portfolio or equivalent
- Preferably have a Master’s degree or a post –graduate diploma
- Have experience in a leadership role with a strong commitment to quality healthcare
- Have excellent communication and problem solving skills with the ability to work in a bi-cultural environment.
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here
Our unique clinical dynamic provides our staff with the opportunity to work within an Integrated Family Centered Developmental Care framework whilst gaining technical expertise, advanced nursing assessment and observation skills within a holistic multidisciplinary team environment.
What we can offer you: -
- A unique and rewarding work environment that provides a high level of job satisfaction
- An opportunity to grow both as a person and as a professional and further develop your skills while working with a very friendly team.
- Comprehensive Senior Nurse orientation programme
- Continuing Professional Development entitlement
- Financial recognition of senior nursing levels as per nationally-agreed multi-employer collective agreements
For more information on what we offer, please click here.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
Please submit your application online, outlining your experience and motivation to apply to this role and attaching your updated CV and Covering letter.
If you have any queries about this opportunity or accessibility or technical issues with the online process, please contact Anél Foord, Recruitment Consultant at AnelFoord@adhb.govt.nz quoting ADHB16856 to discuss how we can best support your application.
Advert closes 31 January 2023!
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Te Toka Tumai Auckland|
|Position type:||Contract/Temp Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.