Senior Advisor Policy and Practices (J707532) at Department of Internal Affairs, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Type: Fixed Term for 12 months
Hours: Full Time
Business Group: Hāpai Hapori/Community Operations
Branch: Kāwai ki te Iwi/Service Delivery and Operations
Salary: $75,044 - 101,531
At the Department of Internal Affairs, we serve and connect people, communities and government to build a safe, prosperous and respected nation. In other words, it's all about helping to make New Zealand better for New Zealanders. As Senior Advisor Policy and Practice you will be responsible for supporting practice development, programme development and new programme initiatives. To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Strong understanding of Te Tiriti O Waitangi and Māori Crown relationships
- Knowledge and understanding of hapū led development and Tiriti based practice
- Strong understanding of community-led development practice
- Ability to work with, and develop services for Māori, Pacific peoples and other ethnic communities
- Experience in building capability to improve practice and service delivery
- Excellent written and oral communication, and strong relationship development skills
- Understanding of evaluation and experience in delivering programme/business improvements initiatives You should also have:
- The ability to plan, organise and manage work effectively to meet multiple deadlines
- The ability to rapidly adapt in a fast paced and changing environment.'
- Experience in a grant making practice
- Experience facilitating workshops and hui DIA offers opportunities to grow. We invest and believe in our people and offer diverse career opportunities to help them succeed.
If you're looking for a new challenge that encourages you to think innovatively to help make a difference to Aotearoa and its people, then Internal Affairs could be the place for you.
Applications close: 5pm, 09/02/2023
For more information please contact: Leora Hirsh at email@example.com
Job description: To review the full description, please click here. If you are unable to follow the link, please review the full job description on our careers website.
Working at the Department of Internal Affairs, you'll have the opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of New Zealanders.
Service Delivery and Operations branch | Kāwai ki te Iwi is the face of DIA. Whether we're helping to register births, deaths, marriages or charities, or assisting in passport applications, community grants or civil union and name change registrations, we're dedicated to serving the needs of New Zealanders.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Department of Internal Affairs|
|Position type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.