Insolvency Team Leader Auckland at Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Discover a career with purpose at MBIE
- Do you enjoy building and maintaining successful teams?
- Do you enjoy working with people?
- Auckland based permanent position
- Salary range: $95,103-$115,585
About the role:
The Insolvency and Trustee Service (ITS) requires a highly motivated person to join our Auckland Office on a permanent full time basis as Team Leader and Deputy Assignee.
Through holding the statutory position of Deputy Assignee you will be responsible for ensuring that the administration of the region's complex bankruptcies and liquidations are completed in accordance with the Insolvency Act 2006 and Companies Act 1993.
In this role you can look forward to a constant flow of challenges, which will give you plenty of scope to utilise your communication and analytical skills in achieving the desired regulatory outcomes based on relevant legislation and policies.
This role is responsible for leading Insolvency Officers which will enable you to utilise your people management skills to ensure that the region operates as one team and clients receive a consistent experience.
We are looking for a Team Leader with a strong focus on building and maintaining a positive team culture
There will be some monthly overnight travel required.
Skills and experience required:
- Concern for the wellbeing of their staff
- Proven ability to manage and develop staff
- The ability to understand and apply legislation
- Knowledge of the statutory functions of the Official Assignee and an understanding of the role of a Trustee
- The ability to deal effectively with conflict situations
- The ability to identify problems, research alternatives, balance competing interests and develop solutions supported by soundly reasoned arguments
- The ability to make well-informed decisions with an understanding of the legislative and practical implications of their decisions and actions
- The confidence and ability to handle challenging and complex communication of technical matters
- Experience in interpreting and applying legislation is essential.
- Strong people skills with strength in communication and team building
- Strong analytical and research skills - getting to the crux of matters quickly
MBIE's goal is to create a resilient and high-performing economy that delivers real and ongoing quality of life for all New Zealanders.
We do this by working with others to create an environment that supports businesses to be more productive and internationally competitive, enables all New Zealanders to participate in the economy through improved job opportunities and by working to ensure quality housing is more affordable.
People are at the heart of our mahi, our way of working is guided by our values which shape our behaviours.
- Mahi Tahi – Better Together
- Māia – Bold and brave
- Pae Kahurangi – Build our Future
- Pono Me Te Tika – Own It
Our aspirations are echoed in our Māori identity – Hīkina Whakatutuki – which broadly means ‘lifting to make successful'.
MBIE recognises the partnership founded under Te Tiriti o Waitangi between Māori and the Crown and is committed to giving effect to Te Tiriti o Waitangi. We will do this through enduring, meaningful and effective partnerships with iwi, Māori, other Māori groups/organisations and the Crown, as this is critical to enable economic and social development, both for Māori and for wider Aotearoa New Zealand. We are committed to continuing to partner with iwi in order to find new sustainable solutions to address long standing systemic and cross-cutting issues facing Māori and wider Aotearoa New Zealand and we are also committed to identifying opportunities for iwi to lead and creating an enabling environment for iwi to leverage these opportunities.
E mōhio ana a Hīkina Whakatutuki i puea ake te kōtuinga I waenganui i a ngāi Māori me te Karauna i Te Tiriti o Waitangi, ā, kei te whai ia ki te whakaū ake i Te Tiriti o Waitangi. Mā te whai kiko o ngā kōtuinga ahungaroa o ngāi wi, o ngāi Māori, me ētahi atu rōpū Māori ki te Karauna, katutuki tēnei. He āhuatanga nui tēnei e āhei ai ngā mahi whanaketanga ā-ohanga, ā-pāpori hoki ki a ngāi Māori me Aotearoa whānui. E whai tonu ana mātou ki te kōtui atu ki ngā iwi mō te rapu huarahi hou ki te whakaara i ngā kaupapakua roa nei e tāmi ana i a ngāi Māori me Aotearoa whānui, ā, e whai ana hoki ki te tautohu i ngā āheinga kōkiritanga mā ngā iwi, me te tautoko i ngā iwi kia whai mana ake ai ēnei āheinga.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.