Manager, Consumer Advocacy Council at Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Discover a career with purpose at MBIE
- We speak to power – can you?
- Do you want to help make a real difference for residential and business electricity consumers?
- If the answer is yes, then we want to speak to you
- Wellington location, permanent position
- Salary range: $126,790 - $190,186
About the role:
We have an exciting opportunity for a skilled manager to lead the secretariat supporting the independent Consumer Advocacy Council
The purpose of the Council is to be the trusted, credible, authoritative advocate for small electricity consumers, operating independently of the industry, regulators and government.
Skills and experience required:
- Have a proven track record of achievement in an advisory and/or research role
- Have the skills to analyse complex information and be able to apply these skills to issues in the electricity secto
- Be able to provide accurate and timely advice to the Council, applying sound judgement and identifying risks and opportunities
- Be able to manage budgets and ensure the Council receives effective administrative support services
- Have the ability to develop and motivate a high performing team and manage external contractors
- Be able to build constructive relationships with key government and non-government representatives to create awareness of and links with the Council
- Ideally have knowledge of the electricity industry in New Zealand.
- Must have the legal right to live and work in New Zealand
For more information on our work, please see Our work | Consumer Advocacy Council
The secretariat roles supporting the independent Council are housed within the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment.
MBIE's goal is to create a resilient and high-performing economy that delivers real and ongoing quality of life for all New Zealanders.
We do this by working with others to create an environment that supports businesses to be more productive and internationally competitive, enables all New Zealanders to participate in the economy through improved job opportunities and by working to ensure quality housing is more affordable.
People are at the heart of our mahi, our way of working is guided by our values which shape our behaviours.
- Mahi Tahi – Better Together
- Māia – Bold and brave
- Pae Kahurangi – Build our Future
- Pono Me Te Tika – Own It
Our aspirations are echoed in our Māori identity – Hīkina Whakatutuki – which broadly means ‘lifting to make successful'.
MBIE recognises the partnership founded under Te Tiriti o Waitangi between Māori and the Crown and is committed to giving effect to Te Tiriti o Waitangi. We will do this through enduring, meaningful and effective partnerships with iwi, Māori, other Māori groups/organisations and the Crown, as this is critical to enable economic and social development, both for Māori and for wider Aotearoa New Zealand. We are committed to continuing to partner with iwi in order to find new sustainable solutions to address long standing systemic and cross-cutting issues facing Māori and wider Aotearoa New Zealand and we are also committed to identifying opportunities for iwi to lead and creating an enabling environment for iwi to leverage these opportunities.
E mōhio ana a Hīkina Whakatutuki i puea ake te kōtuinga I waenganui i a ngāi Māori me te Karauna i Te Tiriti o Waitangi, ā, kei te whai ia ki te whakaū ake i Te Tiriti o Waitangi. Mā te whai kiko o ngā kōtuinga ahungaroa o ngāi wi, o ngāi Māori, me ētahi atu rōpū Māori ki te Karauna, katutuki tēnei. He āhuatanga nui tēnei e āhei ai ngā mahi whanaketanga ā-ohanga, ā-pāpori hoki ki a ngāi Māori me Aotearoa whānui. E whai tonu ana mātou ki te kōtui atu ki ngā iwi mō te rapu huarahi hou ki te whakaara i ngā kaupapakua roa nei e tāmi ana i a ngāi Māori me Aotearoa whānui, ā, e whai ana hoki ki te tautohu i ngā āheinga kōkiritanga mā ngā iwi, me te tautoko i ngā iwi kia whai mana ake ai ēnei āheinga.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.