Technical Operative - Video at NZ Police, Wellington - Hutt Valley;Wellington - Kapiti;Wellington - Masterton;Wellington - Porirua;Wellington - Tawa;Wellington - Upper Hutt;Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
New Zealand Police is working with the community to make New Zealanders be safe and feel safe. With over 13,000 staff, we provide policing services 24 hours a day, every day. We operate by land, sea and air, manage over 860,000 emergency calls a year and are always actively preventing crime and crashes.
We’re working towards specific goals and targets that highlight our intent to work collaboratively with iwi and communities, other government sectors and business partners to deliver ‘Our Business’ and achieve long-term change.
Video Technical Operative Wellington
Technical Operations Group, it starts with you!
- Video Operative Position, Covert Unit
- Fulltime, Permanent
- Office of Constable
- Broad Banded G – I (Commencing at $90,477)
About the role:
The National Criminal Investigations Group (NCIG) at Police National Headquarters (PNHQ) is responsible for providing specialist covert technical surveillance capabilities to primarily support serious crime (homicides) and organised crime (drugs & gangs) investigations across all Police districts.
To enable and deliver Our Business and support the NZ Police vision to be the safest country, we are looking for proactive Technical Operatives to join our team in Wellington. Operatives will contribute to the high-quality delivery of services aligned to ‘Our Values’ and the Police High Performance Framework.
The position is in Wellington within the Video covert team. This is a unique and exciting opportunity to join our highly innovative, motivated, and skilled team. Working in an agile and dynamic environment, the work of Operatives primarily involves the deployment of covert surveillance devices to listen to, track or observe activity. The Video Team Provides specialist technical capability to deploy and manage CCTV surveillance equipment
Applicants will have demonstrated industry experience and skills in the field of CCTV. Additional skills including electrical qualifications, networking and programming are also desirable.
A strong technical background, initiative, innovation and a continuous improvement mind-set are key requirements for this challenging but rewarding position. Applicants will need strong fault finding and troubleshooting ability.
The Technical Operative will have good interpersonal skills, demonstrate sound judgement, and role model behaviours that encourages a positive and constructive team culture.
- Responds to requests for technical surveillance and support in a timely, professional and customer focused manner.
- Takes responsibility for assigned work, including projects, operational planning and deployment.
- Provides technical advice to the Operations Supervisor and Investigators to enhance planning and operational outcomes.
- Demonstrates innovation and initiative including competency to identify and / or develop bespoke solutions to overcome operational challenges.
- Contributes to operational planning, ensuring deployment and health & safety risks are identified and mitigated.
- Contributes to a healthy team environment and culture through the modelling of positive personal behaviours aligned with Our Business, Police core values, and the PHPF.
What you’ll bring:
Being part of the Police whānau is about being our best to ensure our communities are safe and feel safe. Our Core Competencies provide a shared understanding of the behaviours, leadership and technical competence required for success at each level of Police. Whilst we are looking for skills, knowledge and experience relevant to the role, we also place a high emphasis on your mindset, your alignment with our values, your leadership and your ability to work in and develop a high performing team.
Specifically, you will:
- Have a strong industry background demonstrating sound judgement, initiative, innovation and problem solving.
- Be able to work independently, and as part of a small team.
- Be experienced with planning and managing site installations.
- Possess a collaborative and participatory style that encourages joint working practice, information sharing and innovation.
- Have a high level of commitment to quality and service, with emphasis on continuous improvement, and seeking excellence.
- Have personal qualities that role models behaviours, with an emphasis on team work and workplace culture.
- Live "Our Values" and contribute to "Our Business" aspirations.
- Have or be able to obtain and maintain a Government Top Secret Security Clearance.
This role is set at Individual Contributor level. This means your key purpose is to deliver (or enable others to deliver) “Our Business”.
For more information on Our Core Competencies, please copy and paste this URL: https://www.police.govt.nz/sites/default/files/publications/core-competencies-how-we-will-deliver-our-business.pdf. These questions will be unique and specific to the role, focusing on the aspects the hiring manager believes are most important for that position at the time.
For more information on Our Values, please copy and paste this URL: https://www.police.govt.nz/sites/default/files/publications/nzp-our-values.pdf
To view the position description for this role please copy and paste this link into a new browser:
Our mission is to prevent crime and harm through exceptional policing. Our vision is to be the safest country. Our purpose is to ensure everybody can be safe and feel safe.
Your wellbeing inside and outside of work is important to us. We’re open to discussing flexible working options that work for both you and the business.
For more information on the above, please copy and paste this URL: https://www.police.govt.nz/careers
How to apply
Please note: Applications submitted directly through the Government Jobs Website are no longer considered. Please visit our Police Careers page: https://career10.successfactors.com/career?company=nzpolice to apply for this position.
If this position sounds like you, click apply now. You will be required to submit an application form and a CV. Before confirmation of hire, pre-employment checks will be undertaken.
For further information on the application process, please copy and paste this URL: https://www.police.govt.nz/careers
Applications close 5:00pm, Wednesday 1st February 2023
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Location:||Wellington - Hutt Valley;Wellington - Kapiti;Wellington - Masterton;Wellington - Porirua;Wellington - Tawa;Wellington - Upper Hutt;Wellington|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.