Senior Advisor, OIA at Accident Compensation Corporation, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Fixed Term opportunity to end of June 2023, flexible location
- Bring your exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Work on exciting projects to improve our service across the business
- Join an organisation that supports and develops your career
ACC is an organisation that grew out of bold thinking and has an enduring commitment to care for others at work, home, and play. We offer hybrid working options, 9% employer superannuation contribution, career development opportunities within ACC, and many other employee benefits.
As the Senior Advisor, OIA Services, you will be responsible for managing complex Official Information Act (OIA) requests, keeping abreast of trends and issues in the official information area, building relationships and subject matter expertise across the business and providing coaching, mentoring and capability building to Advisors.
- Prepare high quality and timely responses to complex and sensitive requests under the OIA
- Assist with the development and implement initiatives which enhance the skills of OIA staff and quality of advice
- Work in partnership with managers and staff across the business
- Provide technical and quality maintenance support to other members of OIA Services on OIA requirements
- Work with the Manager, OIA services to drive continuous improvement across all activities in the areas of customer focus, partnership innovation and staff empowerment
- Provide intellectual leadership and mentoring to Advisors
- Lead significant projects as required
We are looking for:
- Experience dealing with complex and high risk OIAs
- Someone with a strong risk radar and political nous who can see the big picture
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including proven report and business writing experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship building, influencing and networking skills
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the legislative and regulatory environment governing ACC's activities, including the management of official information
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to influence without having direct authority
You will be joining a fantastic, highly reputable team, with a great team culture who is committed to high quality work. We offer an attractive salary between $97,888 - $115,161 plus 9% superannuation depending on experience, along with an opportunity to grow and develop your career in one of New Zealand's leading government agencies.
Working at ACC:
We know that a diverse and inclusive team helps us meet the needs of our customers, and we welcome candidates from every ethnicity, national origin, gender identity, age, and those with a disability or who have additional mental health needs. It is important to us that people are free to be themselves at work. Here are some ways we encourage that:
- Employee networks to support our colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
- The option to explore flexible working that suits your needs and ours.
- Development opportunities in te reo Māori me ngā tikanga.
For a detailed position description click here. Applications will run through to 5:00pm, Wednesday 1st Feb however if an ideal candidate is found during this time we will move forward with screening and interviewing sooner, so please apply as soon as possible.
If you have any questions about the role, please email the hiring manager, Sara, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications can only be accepted when submitted through our ACC Career Website. If you encounter accessibility issues when submitting your application please email email@example.com
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Accident Compensation Corporation|
|Position type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Category:||Boards and Governance|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.